• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metal washers, glue, photopaper and an ink jet printer walk into a bar...

gill_smoke

First Post
They look like a simple screenshot of the game's pdf. (on the origin of which we will not speculate :) )

...also, some "massaging" with a graphics software is apparent (to place the creature names, and so on)

That's why I asked. A pdf graphic capture and edit would take me days or weeks to get done. Yet this looks more like an "I just whipped this out and spent most of my time in assembly."

Yeah, the named token thing is way cool.

ebertran

First Post
The map is just printed to scale, that's all. Scanned, cleaned up of any DM notations, and resized to 1" squares and printed in pieces. I laminate the pieces so I can reuse it later as another location, like dungeon tiles.

The tokens I take from PDF's that I found on a DVD laying in the gutter :)

I use a 1" hole punch to cut out the art work once I print it on photospaper, I use a glue stick on the metal washer and stick the puic on there, then I make the same artwork but bloody on the other side, with a red overlay and blood drops... when someone goes bloody, just flip the counter and it's easy to keep track.

There's a thread about it here: http://www.dragonavenue.com/forums/viewthread/1039/

Remove ads