• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MetaMagic help??

gfunk

First Post
Yes, you can apply metamagic feats multiple times. Check out the DND FAQ at the Wizards' website for the official word.

Crothian

First Post
Yes you can. You just keep adding the levels. So, mage armor extended 3 times would be 1+1+1+1 or a level 4 spell. It would last 4 hours per level.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
the Jester said:
Er, right, Crothian- except that extending it three times adds three to the level, making it a fourth level spell. :)

Ya, I said I was extending it three times but in practice extended it twice. Opps, I'll fix that. :D

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
I've got Extend spell -- the best spell to use with it that I've found is Melf's Acid Arrow.

It hit a creature that was flying away with a double extended version of this baby (4th level spell). The party was going to run after it, but I just told them, "He's already dead, he just doesn't know it."

We found his body crashed to the ground about a mile away. At 8th level, the Acid damage lasted for 9 rounds -- that's 18d4 points of damage.

I love Extend spell! Of course, at 8th level, I haven't used it on much of anything else except Mage Armor which I cast at the beginning of the day.

Christian

Explorer
Lucius Foxhound said:
I've got Extend spell -- the best spell to use with it that I've found is Melf's Acid Arrow.

It hit a creature that was flying away with a double extended version of this baby (4th level spell). The party was going to run after it, but I just told them, "He's already dead, he just doesn't know it."

Heh. That confirms my plans for my Sorcerer character, then. I was thinking that might be a good combo ... One more session & he should hit 6th level, and Extended Acid Arrow here I come!:cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads