• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamind rework

Tyrrell

First Post
The metamind presige class in the psionic handbook is built on the idea that it grants the character taking it more psionic power points than they would otherwise have. Sadly the nimber of power points that the class gets is tied to level of metamind rather than "caster level" as a result a psion 15 probably has more power points that a psion 10 metamind 5 (I don't have my books here with me so I can't back this up).

On another thread (IIRC) someone mentiond that the WotC people were aware of this and had posted an alternate metamind class. It could be that my memory is playing tricks on me. Has anyone here heard of this, and if you have where can I find the revised prestige class?

Spatzimaus

First Post
WotC didn't post an alternate version. Bruce Cordell (the guy who wrote the PsiHB and Tome&Blood) posted alternate versions of all four PrCs on a separate site. You can download them in two .pdf files.

He basically just converted them to the usual "+1 caster level at levels 1, 2, 4, 5...." type of PrC that he used in T&B, keeping almost all of the other abilities the same. While it was a good idea from a balance perspective, I think it really ruined the distinctiveness. It also made Metamind into one of those classes where you can take 3 or 4 levels before hitting the first non-caster level.

Now, I have no idea where I downloaded them from. I'm sure PsiSeveredHead will post a link soon.

Destil

Explorer
Note that the metamind needed this revision to be worthwhile to do what it's intended to do (Boost max PP), since inner strength was changed during the editing of the PsiHB, making the class as written quite near useless for a single class psion.

The revisions for all four PsiHB PrC classes can be found at www.montecook.com.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads