• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamorphosis: From Dretch to Demon Lord - Ascension Released!

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Hey guys,

The Nithrekel NPC thread has resurfaced over on the first page of the rogue's gallery (thanks Malicene). It has some more background on Hazergal and might shed some light on why he's so pissed.:D

Its in a much simpler format than this piece, more NPC proflie than short story (novel?).

Also look for stats on Hedrenatherax and Hazergal's dretch form very soon.

Thanks for reading.

Dirge

Malicene

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
The Nithrekel NPC thread has resurfaced over on the first page of the rogue's gallery (thanks Malicene).

Very happy to help you !
First time I cast Raise dead :)

For if I understand Threads can be bringed back from the abyssal archives of ENWorld :D :D

DmQ

First Post
BLACKDIRGE you are a most talented writer. If I had your skill I don’t think I would ever stop writing.

I wanted to ask you how long you have been writing, and if you have DM’d any D&D Games? I am curious if you developed your imagination, and ability to write it so, through reading other authors, or through telling your own stories.

Have you taken any formal classes?

Do you draw or paint?

Pardon my questions… I am just extremely curious. Its not every day I run into such a well written amateur. (assuming you are an amateur)

As for myself, I don’t have as clear an ability to express my imagination in written words, as I do in pictures and verbal story points. I have DM’d every game I have played in D&D. Perhaps it is due to my high standards; as I find it impossible to sit through a game that I find creatively inferior to my own.

Tj

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
DmQ said:
BLACKDIRGE you are a most talented writer. If I had your skill I don’t think I would ever stop writing.

I wanted to ask you how long you have been writing, and if you have DM’d any D&D Games? I am curious if you developed your imagination, and ability to write it so, through reading other authors, or through telling your own stories.

Have you taken any formal classes?

Do you draw or paint?

Pardon my questions… I am just extremely curious. Its not every day I run into such a well written amateur. (assuming you are an amateur)

As for myself, I don’t have as clear an ability to express my imagination in written words, as I do in pictures and verbal story points. I have DM’d every game I have played in D&D. Perhaps it is due to my high standards; as I find it impossible to sit through a game that I find creatively inferior to my own.

Tj

Thank you kindly, praise is much appreciated.:)

I currently DM a group of four, although we switch off from time to time to give me a break and allow me to play a PC.

I would say the reading other authors in the genre has certainly helped me define a style of my own, or at least one that I am comfortable with.

I have never taken any formal classes.

I used to draw when I was younger but the talent seems to have atrophied from lack of use.

I am still an amateur although I have published with a few magazines, mostly poetry. I am currently working on a number of fiction projects which I hope will see the light of publication soon.

Thanks for asking and reading.

Dirge

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
I am still an amateur although I have published with a few magazines, mostly poetry. I am currently working on a number of fiction projects which I hope will see the light of publication soon.

Thanks for asking and reading.

Dirge

I'm enjoying your story and writing style. I keeps me coming back to this thread for more. :)

I happen to work in a bookstore so I look forward to selling your books in the future!

Zarthon

Explorer
BLACKDIRGE said:
“Now we take a walk, we have much to discuss you and I. Much to discuss about a faithless petitioner that can best a balor in single combat.”

Wow, I thought that Hazergal was scary while he was still on the Prime Material, now he is very very scary :)

Great update as usual BD, I must say that I was a bit dissapointed when you said that you would be doing a story about a big bad, but it really has me hooked.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Zarthon said:

Wow, I thought that Hazergal was scary while he was still on the Prime Material, now he is very very scary :)

Great update as usual BD, I must say that I was a bit dissapointed when you said that you would be doing a story about a big bad, but it really has me hooked.

Thanks Zarthon

Gemnez was tweaking hedrenthaerax's nose there. At this point he would very likely take Hazergal apart, he just wasn't expecting the barrage of magic and basically walked right into it. But... Hazergal will end up being much, much scarier when he completes his metamorphosis.

Look for another update this weekend, and the stats for Hedrenatherax.

Thanks for reading

Dirge

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads