• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamorphosis: From Dretch to Demon Lord - Ascension Released!

SpuneDagr

Explorer
The scope of this story just gets bigger and bigger. It seems like there's something big a'brewin' down in the Abyss. I can't wait to see what happens next.

ConnorSB

First Post
Gemnez and Hezragel's breaching of the laws of the planes brings up intersting possiblities.

I wonder if some parallel events are taking place on the Material Plane in response to this strange shift in the way fiends are doing buisness.

The precipitation of such a change could make for an interesting DND game... and a great rest of this story.

We are on episode seven. About how many do you forsee, Dirge?

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
ConnorSB said:
We are on episode seven. About how many do you forsee, Dirge?

Well I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have written a fairly good size novel before this thing is finished. Great, a novel I can't publish. :D

But even if that's the case it's still really good practice and should allow me ample opportunity to work the kinks out of my style before I tackle a novel I can attempt to publish. Plus the copious ego stroking you people provide does wonders for my confidence. :D

Also, things have finally settled down on the home front (finished moving, found a job, etc.) so I plan to update far more frequently. In fact today was the first day in a while I had time to write and I surprised myself by banging out this last installment in a couple of hours.

As always, thanks for reading (and the bumps to keep this thread on the front page).

Dirge

Roman

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
Well I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have written a fairly good size novel before this thing is finished. Great, a novel I can't publish. :D

But even if that's the case it's still really good practice and should allow me ample opportunity to work the kinks out of my style before I tackle a novel I can attempt to publish. Plus the copious ego stroking you people provide does wonders for my confidence. :D

Also, things have finally settled down on the home front (finished moving, found a job, etc.) so I plan to update far more frequently. In fact today was the first day in a while I had time to write and I surprised myself by banging out this last installment in a couple of hours.

As always, thanks for reading (and the bumps to keep this thread on the front page).

Dirge

Nice story Black Dirge. It would be interesting to know what are the limits on the protagonist's arcane power.

gloomymarshes

First Post
hmmm... cool update BLACKDIRGE :). Gemnez is a strange devil, a very strange devil indeed. Maybe he was once like hazergal, a faithless petitioner who remembered something of his previous life?

It's awesome, how his mind overcame his lawful nature. I bet he could become an arch-fiend himself.

ConnorSB

First Post
Blackdirge, where did you get the Babau from? I can't find the stats in the MM, nor the FF, nor the MotP. And they're so cool too!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads