• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamorphosis: From Dretch to Demon Lord - Ascension Released!

sithramir

First Post
Awesome Blackdirge! Can't wait. Hopefully you'll sign my copy as well!

You've already inspired me to try a campaign involving the PC's either having to work their way through hell or being demons or some such depending on what they want to do!

Justin

Explorer
BLACKDIRGE said:
Hi all,

I’ve got some pretty exciting news to relate to all of you regarding this storyhour. I just signed a contract with EN Publishing to produce three Dretch to Demon Lord novellas, complete with full-color art, game stats, professional editing, the whole nine yards. The first book will encompass most of what has already been written here, while the second two will continue the story of Hazergal, Hedrenatherax, Gemnez, and all the rest.

Now, I will of course have to make a number of changes to the story to make it compatible with the SRD, but don’t worry, the changes will in no way compromise the integrity of the story as it’s been written. Only a few characters will require any change at all, and I promise, you’ll barely notice. =]

The bad news, of course, is that I will no longer be able to update the storyhour here in this thread. But the good news is you won’t have to wait three months for a single update, you’ll get 25 updates all at once. =]

Morrus will be making the official announcement soon, but I wanted to tell you guys in person, and answer any questions you might have.

BD

Congratulations! Such wonderful writing deserves the royal...er...infernal...er...abyssal...treatment. :uhoh:

Sign me up for a set!

Now get to work on a deal for Grummok! Give the gargoyle some love, too. (Not that he'd return it or anything...) ;)

Need_A_Life

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
Hi all,

I’ve got some pretty exciting news to relate to all of you regarding this storyhour. I just signed a contract with EN Publishing to produce three Dretch to Demon Lord novellas, complete with full-color art, game stats, professional editing, the whole nine yards. The first book will encompass most of what has already been written here, while the second two will continue the story of Hazergal, Hedrenatherax, Gemnez, and all the rest.

Now, I will of course have to make a number of changes to the story to make it compatible with the SRD, but don’t worry, the changes will in no way compromise the integrity of the story as it’s been written. Only a few characters will require any change at all, and I promise, you’ll barely notice. =]

The bad news, of course, is that I will no longer be able to update the storyhour here in this thread. But the good news is you won’t have to wait three months for a single update, you’ll get 25 updates all at once. =]

Morrus will be making the official announcement soon, but I wanted to tell you guys in person, and answer any questions you might have.

BD
Oooh! Sign me up for the whole set... (preferrably signed, if possible ;) )

I am definitively buying this... perhaps even buying an extra copy of the first one to introduce a friend of mine to it properly...

Shipping to Denmark usually costs a fortune, though... that'll be a hit to my shaky finances...

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Hi all,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the novellas. Hopefully I can deliver all of the juicy, demonic nastiness you've come to expect in this thread, plus maybe a bit more. :)

As for signed copies, the books are going to be available as PDFs and POD, so if you buy the POD, I can sign that if you send it to me. I'll be at GenCon this year, so I can sign books there as well.

BD

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I just wanted to chime in on the congrats side BD! This is so awesome for you, and for us, and for pretty much the entire EN community :)

Bring it!

Need_A_Life

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the novellas. Hopefully I can deliver all of the juicy, demonic nastiness you've come to expect in this thread, plus maybe a bit more. :)
Hey, how can we give anything but positive feedback? You've been providing us with this much quality for free and I believe (though I'm not 100%) I told you to try to get it published the moment I'd read it. Now you have and I'm glad for ya!

BLACKDIRGE said:
As for signed copies, the books are going to be available as PDFs and POD, so if you buy the POD, I can sign that if you send it to me.
Gonna be hard for us in Denmark, but I'll figure out a way to make something happen...

BLACKDIRGE said:
I'll be at GenCon this year, so I can sign books there as well.
Oooh... now, for people (like me) who don't live in your country could you give me a date (or a week, whatever) and a location?
I've got a cousin who'll be touring the country for three months starting this saturday, so I might be able to get a deal with him to bring it back for me, signed and all. :D

Kindda sad I won't be able to sit in school sneaking into my G-mail and reading the update there (ENWorld is blocked at our school... and their security is too hard to get through for me to bother trying... either that or a .bat file), smiling sadistically as demons (and devils) fight oneanother.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Need_A_Life said:
Hey, how can we give anything but positive feedback? You've been providing us with this much quality for free and I believe (though I'm not 100%) I told you to try to get it published the moment I'd read it. Now you have and I'm glad for ya!

Thanks!

Need_A_Life said:
Oooh... now, for people (like me) who don't live in your country could you give me a date (or a week, whatever) and a location?
I've got a cousin who'll be touring the country for three months starting this saturday, so I might be able to get a deal with him to bring it back for me, signed and all. :D

All the GenCon info you need is right here: http://www.gencon.com/

BD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads