• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamorphosis Power / Monster (Su)List??

Tilenas

Explorer
I highly doubt it, as the Share Power description in the psion write-up specifies that

SRD said:
The owner and psicrystal cannot share powers if the powers normally do not affect creatures of the psicrystal’s type (construct).

You cannot morph into constructs (cf. metamorphosis power description). Now, it doesn't say whether you can morph from constructs, but I'd certainly disallow it.

Duke Arioch

First Post
I highly doubt it, as the Share Power description in the psion write-up specifies that

You cannot morph into constructs (cf. metamorphosis power description). Now, it doesn't say whether you can morph from constructs, but I'd certainly disallow it.

Now, if you are a warforged.... PROFIT!!!

Tilenas

Explorer
Now, if you are a warforged.... PROFIT!!!

Don't even get me started on those. Warforged (living construct), goliaths (powerful build), and their ilk really show that R&D wasn't cool with the IMO very brave size/type system they'd set up and had to shoehorn races into it in order to create "cool"/exotic character concepts (which presumably a lot of players demanded) without causing too much breakage.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer

From the description:

SRD said:
You assume the form of a creature of the same type as your normal form, or any other type except construct, elemental, outsider, and undead. The assumed form can have as many Hit Dice as your manifester level, to a maximum of 15.

Emphasis mine. Constructs can turn into constructs (and there's really no reason to disallow that), just as undead can become undead and so forth; there's no restriction in what types of creatures can use the power.

Duke Arioch

First Post
From the description:

Emphasis mine. Constructs can turn into constructs (and there's really no reason to disallow that), just as undead can become undead and so forth; there's no restriction in what types of creatures can use the power.

That's why I said: Now if you were a warforged XD

Tilenas

Explorer

That doesn't help that much, unless the psion in question happens to be a construct itself: As I read it, Share Power means the psi-crystal is subject to the same effects of a power as its master. It doesn't get to choose a different form to morph into. Hence, if its master can't change his type to construct, neither can the crystal.

That's why I said: Now if you were a warforged XD

NOW I get it. However, I'd probably ban constructs from becoming casters in the first place...

Duke Arioch

First Post
That doesn't help that much, unless the psion in question happens to be a construct itself: As I read it, Share Power means the psi-crystal is subject to the same effects of a power as its master. It doesn't get to choose a different form to morph into. Hence, if its master can't change his type to construct, neither can the crystal.

NOW I get it. However, I'd probably ban constructs from becoming casters in the first place...

Hmm... not sure why. That is pretty much the only thing going for them. Why not ban Aasimar or Tiefling. Neraph is even LA +0. And they are all outsiders. Which can be exploited as freely as constructs.

Remove ads