• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mialee's FASHION PLATE MAIL #1

Klaus

First Post
Hi, Kids and Kidettes and Elves!

I just want to point out that there ARE some artists trying to give both genders a more realistic/practical/less-cheesecake look, and I count myself among them.

If you all got the time, plese comment on the pictures I got at my website http://www.d20reviews.com/pozas , specifically related to this subject. Your opinions help us artists make the art you wanna see.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Mialee! BTW, how many sit-ups you do per day? Must be hard to keep that belly of yours!

Mialee

First Post
Devis, there will be "equal opportunity" reviews. In fact, the next batch of reviews looks to be pretty even indeed.

You just don't understand what it is to see these things and feel how horrible it is to be objectified as a member of the female gender.

Your sig

Hey, Mialee, here's an funny story about your sig.

The quote was supposed to be "Yug, a spider!" because that's what they said in the 1st edition DMG example of play. That funny quote stuck with me and my original group for years, and we would say that whenever we saw a spider.

When I included it in the new book, an editor thought I had mispelled "Ugh" and changed it without asking.

That's my #1 regret about the DMG.

At Nutkinland.com, editorial opinions represent the views of the editorial board, and are not the expressed views of Squirrel Nutkin. Opinion columns reflect the views of the individual writers.

The proof of this is the framed poster of "Ragnarok!" that's hanging over my desk even now. :D

A2Z

Explorer
Squirrel Nutkin said:
At Nutkinland.com, editorial opinions represent the views of the editorial board, and are not the expressed views of Squirrel Nutkin. Opinion columns reflect the views of the individual writers.

The proof of this is the framed poster of "Ragnarok!" that's hanging over my desk even now. :D
Yug! A squirrel!

Last edited:

Mialee

First Post
Umbran said:
Mialee:

Cool reviews! Satire is a goodness.

Calling people names is less of a goodness.
Umbran:

Thanks!

How 'bout I call YOU something, slothfoam? Huh? You like that? What's the matter, brine-shorts, gonna cry? :D

Nutkin- you sicken me. You promised me this would "make 'the Man' aware that we won't stand for this anymore"! I bet you were lying when you said you were a professional photographer, and last Thursday's impromptu shooting was "for art", too.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
*Wiping tears of laughter from eyes.*

Brine-shorts? That's excellent, even though I don't quite get it.

Good job on the fashion commentary, Mialee. I especially liked the mental picture of the strap-lady knocking foes unconcious with her DDDD silicone implants. You go, girl!

*Wanders out of thread, still chuckling.*

Hennet

First Post
Looks who's talking...

Devis said:
Certainly you could do some equal opportunity reviews of the ridiculous outfits of male fantasy art. Just to prove that not everyone is as fabulously well dressed as I am. And someone really should talk to Hennet about the buckles. He's a Heat Metal waiting to happen.

Pot to kettle, come in kettle--you are black.

You're giving me fashion tips when you're PHB pic (pg 28) is a picture of you standing in front of a medieval disco ball (by the way if that pose is supposed to be amazingly fey, you succeeded) ? I can practically hear "Dancing Queen" everytime I look at it. Oh, well actually, that's on my stereo so nevermind. But still, when I saw the italicized caption I thought WOTC had just mispelled Diva.

As for the buckles, that is _one_ outfit. It's hardly my fault that it has fired the imaginations of the WOTC artists but it's not as if I wear it all the time. And when you figure that my BAB is complete crap and I have d4 for hit points it should be pretty obvious that if the combat appropriateness of my outfits becomes important, we are probably all already very badly screwed.

Mialee, great article--the Arabian Nights bit was especially funny.
But I would like to point out two things:

"Think of me as a slightly less waspish Joan Rivers."

I thought this was an error since Joan is about as not Protestant as you can get but then I realized you were referring to her habit of spackling her home with chewed up paper and mucus.

Mothers, if your sons work for Avalanche, they aren’t gay -- just shy.

Not to play to stereotypes too much but if these guys were gay the fashion would be a lot better. And even if it were worse, it wouldn't look like all the women were inflatable. These guys are straight--lonely, but straight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads