• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mialee's FASHION PLATE MAIL #1

Aryoche

Explorer
Hiiii, Mialee here, coming to you live from NutCon 2002, held in the Cleveland Convention Center.

What?!? A local photo shoot, and you didn't invite the loyal locals of the boards??? I'm crushed... and to think, the potential of the media coverage... I would have rather seen Mialee on the news than another story about Meg Ryan being downtown...

Meepo

First Post
All those human girls sure are pretty. Why are they not ever dressed like that when they come to destroy our underground home?

Xarlen

First Post
Well, I must point out that the PHB does a horrible job in general, Mialee.

If you look at page 13, Every female has their belly showing (Except our corsetted halfling), yet the males don't get the same treatment.

Ember's clothing on page 39 just doesn't seem to fit. She's wearing thick, cold-weather centric pants, yet a top to suggest she's out in the hot weather.

On the next page, the paladin is wearing armor and hotpants. Defense of all that is good and leggy, everyone?

So, I feel for you, Mialee. Keep fightin' the fashion friendly fight!

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Xarlen said:
[B
If you look at page 13, Every female has their belly showing (Except our corsetted halfling), yet the males don't get the same treatment. [/B]

Hey! What about the Half Orc? That guy has his shirt off and standing tall!

But on a somewhat unrelated note: can someone explain to me how the human male on the same page is supposed to take a pee? I mean, look at those trousers! Look at them! They have a wacky diagnol button-fly. Wow. I'd totally hate to be that dude after a night out in a pub.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mialee said:
How 'bout I call YOU something, slothfoam? Huh? You like that? What's the matter, brine-shorts, gonna cry? :D

Hey! I'll have you know the Brineshorts are a respectable gnomish seafaring clan. You best not bandy about their name as an insult unless you want to find your spell component pouch filled with sea slugs at an inopportune and highly inconvenient moment. A horde of swashbuckling Nebins is not to be taken lightly! :D

Mialee

First Post
Hi, Hen -- The column will feature fashion, always, but there'll be tons of poking fun at the problems in the poses, faces, etc...

There's no set schedule for the column at this point. Nutkin and I are working closely to produce it whenever we can.

I must say, Hen, darling- I was impressed with your wit in the trouncing of Devis. I entirely missed your comment on "waspish" having anything to do with being protestant, however. Oh well.

Thanks to everyone who's given me kind words.

NO thanks to Monte, who's only just now let me know that when it comes to my arachnophobic exclamations, I've been livin' a lie. Monte, I thought we had an understanding. Don't confuse me and I won't center on your modules in future columns.

Devis

First Post
Re: Looks who's talking...

Hennet said:

ou're giving me fashion tips when you're PHB pic (pg 28) is a picture of you standing in front of a medieval disco ball (by the way if that pose is supposed to be amazingly fey, you succeeded) ? I can practically hear "Dancing Queen" everytime I look at it. Oh, well actually, that's on my stereo so nevermind. But still, when I saw the italicized caption I thought WOTC had just mispelled Diva.

Hen, my friend you are lucky I re-read this. For a second I thought you were dissin' ABBA, and then we would have had words.

As for the buckles, that is _one_ outfit. It's hardly my fault that it has fired the imaginations of the WOTC artists but it's not as if I wear it all the time. And when you figure that my BAB is complete crap and I have d4 for hit points it should be pretty obvious that if the combat appropriateness of my outfits becomes important, we are probably all already very badly screwed.

I'll give you that. I tease because I love. And at least you can get out of those trousers. As far as I can tell, I'm stuck in my leathers forever, which is really gonna cramp my style.

But you do have to get hairdressing to revisit the "Failed my save against lighting attack" look. It's so....Nebin.

Remove ads