• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mialee's FASHION PLATE MAIL #1

A2Z

Explorer
Dr Midnight said:
I dunno, I read "waspish" as synonymous with all terms that could apply to Joan Rivers, that crotchety old harpy. Am I crazy, or is waspish a term for... unpleasantly vicious women?
You're crazy. But you're also right. I've heard it used that way as well.

Templetroll

Explorer
Dr Midnight said:
I dunno, I read "waspish" as synonymous with all terms that could apply to Joan Rivers, that crotchety old harpy. Am I crazy, or is waspish a term for... unpleasantly vicious women?

I was explaining another poster's comment about waspish/Protestant that confused Mialee. your definition is the one Mialee had in mind, I believe.

KidCthulhu

First Post
From dictionary.com

wasp·ish Pronunciation Key (wspsh)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of a wasp.
2. Easily irritated or annoyed; irascible.
3. Indicative of irritation, annoyance, or spite: a waspish remark

All y'all back off my buddy Doc M. He's using the word correctly. And good diction is a rare thing indeed.

Hennet

First Post
Oops...

KidCthulhu said:
From dictionary.com

wasp·ish Pronunciation Key (wspsh)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of a wasp.
2. Easily irritated or annoyed; irascible.
3. Indicative of irritation, annoyance, or spite: a waspish remark

All y'all back off my buddy Doc M. He's using the word correctly. And good diction is a rare thing indeed.

That's why Mialee's a wizard and I've got a 10 INT.

Last edited:

KidCthulhu

First Post
Re: Question

David Argall said:
"objectified as a member of the female gender."

You object to being female?

OK, people, I'm going to be waspish here. Objectification means to treat something as an object. So to "objectify as a member of the female gender" means to treat someone of the female gender as an OBJECT, say as opposed to a person. So the objection is to being treated like a jiggly meat puppet for your right hand, not to being a female.

Jeesh, this is a joke thread people, so a) loosen up and b) if you want to get the "women in gaming art" thing started, make another thread.

David, if you were joking, use a smiley :). I'll get off my soapbox if you were joking, really.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads