• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microlite 74 via IRC, Looking for more!

Verdande

First Post
I'm starting up a rootin', tootin' game of Microlite 74 over sorcery.net, and all we need now is more players!

Have you heard of the West Marches campaign? Ever wanted to try your hand at your own? This could be your golden opportunity! If you didn't feel like reading the whole thing, let me give you the gist: It's a player-driven sandbox, where you decide where you're going, who you're taking, and what your goals are. The times are irregular- any time you're free and you can wrangle some others to come with you to the Sunken Temple of the Golden Ox, we'll arrange a time and we'll game. Sometimes you'll succeed, and be showered in gold and experience, moving your way up in the world to ever-greater power and prestige. Sometimes, you'll fail and have to find your way back to civilization. Sometimes you'll be lucky to get away with a head wound and broken bones. The world of Rodiel isn't a "scaled-to-level" world. If you bite off more than you can chew, you're either going to have to run or make it work. But on the other hand, there are no level-appropriate treasure tables, either. If you sneak your way past the Great Wyrm, his horde is yours for the taking. If you're willing to take the risk, you're able to reap the rewards.

So if that sounds like something you'll be interested in, download your copy of the Microlite 74 rules , whip up a character, and send me a PM. We can roll as soon as we have a party that's big enough and ready to go, which shouldn't be long. I've already got a small handful of people interested, and now we're just working out if we're going to use Obsidian Portal or a mailing list or a 3rd party forum or what. You know, the boring logistical stuff. It should be sorted out pretty soon; I'm leaning towards Obsidian Portal because it all just looks so very easy.

The Town of Rodiel:
The dust settles, and the war has ended. Your empire was victorious, through little effort of your own, and the lands of the enemy lie ripe for exploitation. Farmers move their families and cultivate the farmland, little palisades go up around them, and they are happy.

None of this concerns you. You have your eye on what the enemy themselves didn't touch- their tombs, their forgotten treasuries, their towers full of wizards. For you, this is a booming land of treasure, of magic, and of adventure. Things like this call adventurers from every corner of the empire, and this is no exception. From the moment you arrived at Rodiel, you've seen other adventurers from places you've never even heard of. Valiant red-cloaked warriors brush shoulders with shifty-eyed thieves, town drunks confide their stories of loot and magic to grey-skinned wizards, and innkeepers jostle to sell talismans and maps alongside their pulled pork and piss-colored ale.

You've never felt so at home.

Remove ads