• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Microlite20 : the smallest thing in gaming

WSmith

First Post
Fr33man said:
- the pdf version of the core rules and the ocketbook version are not the same (no spells DC in the pdf version for example)
- When do you use Magic attack bonus (except for turning undead) ?

I noticed that about the DC of spells.

The magic attack bonus (Mind mod + , added to 10, provides the DC for the spell save.

MeepoDM

First Post
WSmith said:
I printed out all the pocketmods. I have some suggestions (about format, not content) but I will post those later.

In an attempt to make M20 more OD&Dish for my own selfish pleasure, and the fact that I am somewhat inspired to get Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor and try M20 with it, my house rules so far are:

I like where you're goin' with this... :D

WSmith said:
1. Roll for ability scores, 3d6 in order, (that's right! Suck it up!!! ;) )

Hardcore!! I like it!

WSmith said:
2. Charm Person is also available for 1st level. I mean, what is good old school RPG'ing with out a choice of sleep or charm.

No breakin' a rule here - CP is still 1st level! (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/charmPerson.htm)

The spells on the PDF were just put there to give us an excuse to not have to lug around a PHB for spells.

WSmith said:
3. All fighters have the cleave (feat) as an ability, (this came from Dave Arneson's recent game at a con in SF.)

This was one of my thoughts back before the Fighters bonus of +1/+1 became officially scalable. I still think it's a good idea too :)

WSmith said:
4. I may go with 1 GP = 1 XP and 100 XP / HD, cause I don't understand ELs since I haven't tinkered with d20 since 2002.

I dig this idea. There has been some discussion about how the "microsized" description of EL's might not work with lower level creatures. Alternately, there is also this handy tool: http://www.d20srd.org/encounterCalculator.htm

Good to have you around, W! :cool:

bytor4232

First Post
Fr33man said:
- in the last version of the pocketbook core rules, the letters are too small and the margins too large.

Well, I can't do anything about the margins as they are the smallest they can be and still be in print range. I did however notice that I had an extra page, so I pushed the OGL off onto "Page Two" of the PDF by increasing the Font. Untill Greywulf updates his site, you can get it here at my personal site.

As for the font on the suppliments, they are likely to stay Verdana 18pt, only because there is an aweful lot of information in the suppliments and the font is squeezed as big as I can get them, without the PocketMod spilling onto a 9th and 10th page for anything other than the OGL ;)

FYI, I updated the Modern Pocketmod again. Just added the chainsaw, just because ;)

Frostmarrow

First Post
greywulf said:
A Goblin-class Fighter would be HD1d8+1, 5hp, AC15 with a +3 Pulse Laser doing 1d4 damage - at Figher scale. Multiply the damage by 10 if it's attacking a normal sized opponent (those Goblin lasers are nasty!) and similarly divide small-arms fire by 10 if someone wants to try and shoot it down with a blaster pistol. Similarly, divide the Goblin-class Fighter's damage by 10 if it's going against that big ugly Ogre-class Starship. It's divided by a whopping 50 if it wants to come up against the Ankheg-class Destroyer - and it multiplies the Ankheg's 2d6+7 Proton Beam Canon damage by 50. Goblin space dust.

"Goblin-class". It makes me laugh but it is logical in a minimalist kind of way. I like it. I don't see why you need to multiply damage (except against soft targets). I mean an ogre is bigger than a goblin as is, and a red wyrm even moreso. Hey, what about a wing of Hill Dwarves; armed with Battle Axe-torpedoes and Chainmail-forcefield? :cool: (It has a build in coolness about it, even when using a less than perfect example.)

MeepoDM

First Post
Quiet day today! I guess we're all controversied out? ;)

Any news on 'Temple of K'thu'uk'? I've been holding out on my own module because I wanted to see how you put yours together first. A sneak peek for ol' Meepo, perhaps? :D

greywulf

First Post
Funny you should ask, Meepo :)

Temple of K'thu'uk is done and available in both big print pdf and good old Pocketmod formats.

Complete with Alligators, Winged Kobolds and alternate plotlines and options.

Enjoy, people. Sorry I've been offline today. Workstuff, y'know. It happens! :)

I'm just uploading the files on the site now so the Core and Modern Pocketmods are the latest versions. Good work, guys!

MeepoDM

First Post
Excellent! By an even odder chance, I just checked this thread after a long absence away from the 'puter today! :) I'll read it over tonight after the kids are in bed!

The links on your webpage are broken, BTW.

MeepoDM

First Post
greywulf said:
Checking now......... I'm updating the download page now...... :)

EDIT: Never mind. Fixed!

Sorry, I meant the two links on the News page. They're both missing the 'Microlite20' in the filename. Never even thought to check the Downloads page! :confused: :D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads