Microtransactions, MMOs, and Play Loops.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yes, but will any of them work with OneD&D? Especially if they don't tie in with the new monetization policy?
I mean, I can easily see magic items being purchased to access them on your character. Same thing with spells/species/etc that aren't a part of the base rules.
Screw em. I will custom make those magic items myself in Foundry.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
If they are incorporated in the VTT and you can't turn them off, then maybe it gets difficult to filter them out.
Then I would not use that VTT, there are others and I have my books. I do not need to buy more. I mean I do but only if I like the stuff I am getting. If they use heavy handed force like that I am off somewhere else. As it is I am heavily invested in FantasyGrounds and I am not at all sure I would switch to a WoTC VTT, no matter how shiny.

MarkB

Legend
Yes, but will any of them work with OneD&D? Especially if they don't tie in with the new monetization policy?
I mean, I can easily see magic items being purchased to access them on your character. Same thing with spells/species/etc that aren't a part of the base rules.
D&D Beyond already handles shared characters, shared dice rolls etc. You can just combine that with using a third-party VTT purely for battlefield visualisation.

Remove ads