• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midkemia Press Going Through Changes?

ergeheilalt

First Post
I was looking through the Midkemia Press website and found the following tidbit:
What's New

August 2003
There are interesting things in the works for Midkemia. Stay tuned for a major announcement in the next couple of weeks

Sounds as if the press will be running again soon. For those of you who dont know, Midkemia Press was an old FRPG company in the 80's and created a small line of RPG products from which Raymond E. Feist's books take place. They've been comatose for the past 3 years...

If Midkemia Press went d20, would you buy their books or at least consider them?

Ergeheilalt

Sirius_Black

First Post
ergeheilalt said:
Midkemia Press was an old FRPG company in the 80's and created a small line of RPG products from which Raymond E. Feist's books take place. They've been comatose for the past 3 years...

If Midkemia Press went d20, would you buy their books or at least consider them?

D20 Products based on Feist's books or set within his novels' worlds. OHHH YES would I buy something like that. :D

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've written to the owner/runner of the website a few times and have informed him that I would indeed prefer it to be d20 and that there are several strengths in the d20 system that are adaptable to many settings such as Wheel of Time, Warcraft, Game of Thrones and others.

ergeheilalt

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
I've written to the owner/runner of the website a few times and have informed him that I would indeed prefer it to be d20 and that there are several strengths in the d20 system that are adaptable to many settings such as Wheel of Time, Warcraft, Game of Thrones and others.

As have I. I did it about 2 years ago when I was running a loosely based Midkemia game. I also wrote about 2-3 months ago to which Mr. Abrams replied that he and Ray Feist were talking about the various options open to Midkemia gaming.

I've done some researching stuff online and have found this tidbit:
IRON REALMS ACQUIRES RAYMOND E. FEIST RIGHTS

Mill Valley, CA - August 27, 2003 - Iron Realms Entertainment, an award-winning California-based developer of massively multiplayer games (MMORPGs) announced today that it has acquired the exclusive worldwide rights to produce online games based on best-selling author Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar series of books

I hope this isn't the news ....

Erge

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
EternalKnight,

I think you are right. Much like Evercrack or Ultima Online, I think this just another way to pay royalties to Feist...even though he's not made a decent book since then end of the first series. But that's just my opinion.

Eternalknight

First Post
Nightfall said:
EternalKnight,

I think you are right. Much like Evercrack or Ultima Online, I think this just another way to pay royalties to Feist...even though he's not made a decent book since then end of the first series. But that's just my opinion.
I agree with your first statement, but not with the second :D

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well that's your right. But then I guess we differ in what is and isn't "quality" fantasy. In any case I will say that regardless of that opinion of mine, it is sad that stuff like Lankhmar and Thieves World won't be in d20 format any time soon along with Midkemia(sp). Mainly because I'm a fan of choice. Not limitations. (Even though a man's got to know his limitations. ;) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads