• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight movie?

Menexenus

First Post
Hey, what ever happened to the movie they were making based in the Midnight setting? I remember seeing an awesome trailer for it a few years back, but then I never heard anything again. Did it go straight to DVD? If so, does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks in advance.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It came out about a year ago; I remember watching it at Gen Con back in 2009. It would have been out sooner, but they were trying to find backing to make it into the start of a TV series (and were ultimately unsuccessful), if I recall correctly.

You can purchase the DVD of it over on its website: MIDNIGHT CHRONICLES

Last edited:

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I watched it this past summer as an iTunes rental. This movie, IMO, is not worth a full price purchase, if under $9.99 maybe.

The movie's main character, and the town's mayor, are standout performances. The rest are par for a SyFy-like feature-of-the-week.

The story feels like an extended pilot.
It ends with little resolution. It felt like the movie wasn't actually finished. I can't emphasize this enough.
Were it to be picked up as a series, that'd be something else because the small plotlines that were built up could get satisfying resolution.

And, the movie proceeds at a glacial pace through its entirety. Even the fight scenes were slow. That's not a complaint, just saying the way it is.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
I saw it last year as well - I seem to remember being disappointed that it was only the first part of a longer film - literally the film just stops mid-plot :(

Tharian

First Post
It certainly had the feel of a pilot and left me wanting for more. I did like that with the DVD, I also received full PDF versions of the 2nd Edition of the rules and a D&D4e adventure. There were a couple other things included, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Remove ads