• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Midnight] Preliminary notes for my new campaign -- could use some help

SurfMonkey01

First Post
I ran Midnight once before, and we ran through Crown of Shadows... this new game contains some of the same players, but not all, plus a new one, so I'm treating it as a "sequel" but with different characters. So here's what I've got...

The elves of Caradul has received the means necessary to forge mithral items from their Dwarven allies.
However, unbeknownst to the elves, a Legate named Jael had planted a small black stone called the Beacon of Shadow in the surounding forests. This stone allows the forces of the Shadow the means to pierce the glamour which covers the location of the elven lands...

Agarash, an old and powerful dragon, has recently awoken from his slumber. Since this slumber began before the Shadow fell over the world, he is shocked at the current state of the land. Assuming human form, he has begun traversing the landscape and seeking out "allies" to gather information on the Shadow for him...

In the citadel of Theros Obscura, those loyal to the Shadow have begun toiling away at new horrors and abominations to loose upon the world, as the efforts to snuff out the last vestiges of good and hope escalate...

I plan on starting the characters as commoners, and through a combination of personal events and the travelling dragon, bring them face-to-face with their true callings. From there, I want things to have a slow, horrific build before I reveal the true nature of the dragon or the dilemma the elves face... I just haven't gotten that far in the idea process yet. Anyone got anything for me?

Remove ads