• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Midnight RPG

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Whatever happened to the Midnight RPG? FFG has no mention of it on their website whatsoever. Why let a great property like that just wither and die?

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
A short 4E adventure with pregenned characters was included on the Midnight Chronicles DVD. I was hoping that it would have special rules to reflect the Midnight world (i.e., no summoning, no divine power, limited magic items, limited healing, etc.). But it seemed no different to me than playing standard 4E with a party of only martial characters.

After thinking about it more, I think maybe a specific Midnight setting isn't necessary as long as you have the 3.5 books to draw the feel and fluff from. It seems like as long as you get the dire feel of Midnight down well, the mechanics in the setting aren't very important.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A FLGS here in Edmonton has the Second Edition version of Midnight, but I've balked at buying it since they won't discount it and because FFG isn't supporting it. :rant:

Crothian

First Post
FFG did support it really well. tHere are many good books for the line. I also quite a few at the discount booth at Origins this year so it should be relatively easy to find them fior cheap.

Aus_Snow

First Post
"Support" meaning supplemental material? Yes, there's heaps. So, shouldn't be an issue.

"Support" meaning "currently in print"? I don't understand the PoV, and. . . well, no, simple as that.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
I would much rather see Midnight developed for Pathfinder. 4E would have a difficult time getting the tone of the setting right.

Remove ads