• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MIGHTY SMAUG THE GOLDEN - a limited edition mini that looks good alongside TIAMAT?

There's only 200 of them - the limited edition SMAUG miniature from Games Workshop. It's designed for use with The Hobbit Strategy Battle Game, but of course you can use it in any tabletop game which features large dragons. "This magnificent 42 piece miniature is hand cast using the highest quality resin (the same used by Forge World), and the most advanced techniques to produce a model with extremely fine detail. Every scale, horn and battle-scar has been expertly reproduced to create a beatifically authentic collectors piece."

There's only 200 of them - the limited edition SMAUG miniature from Games Workshop. It's designed for use with The Hobbit Strategy Battle Game, but of course you can use it in any tabletop game which features large dragons. "This magnificent 42 piece miniature is hand cast using the highest quality resin (the same used by Forge World), and the most advanced techniques to produce a model with extremely fine detail. Every scale, horn and battle-scar has been expertly reproduced to create a beatifically authentic collectors piece."

The miniature is called Mighty Smaug The Golden. Weighing in at 2.4kgs, the height of the miniature from the bottom of the base to the tip of Smaug’s™ wing is 8.4 inches (or 21.4 cm). The base is 9.2 inches (or 23.1 cm) long and 5.4 inches (or 13.3 cm) wide. Apparently the 200-limit is "this side of Christmas" so there might be more next year. I found the info on this website, though I wasn't able to find the price. Also, does anyone know Tiamat's exact dimensions? It would be fun to compare them for size.

Smaug-1.jpg

The video below shows off the model in more detail.

[video=youtube;fwlcQBFTqk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fwlcQBFTqk8[/video]

Kostchie

Villager
note "available before Christmas". I have never seen any WETA licenced stuff done by gamesworkshop as a limited run. Could be a first but they advertise the actual limited stuff a bit differently. And it's resin not plastic.

was

Adventurer
...First of all, it's way too pricey unless I win the lottery.:.-( I can't afford to spend most of my rent money on a toy.
...Second, the head looks a bit odd to me. It seems to be a bit flat and odd looking. But that's probably just my opinion.

...First of all, it's way too pricey unless I win the lottery.:.-( I can't afford to spend most of my rent money on a toy.
...Second, the head looks a bit odd to me. It seems to be a bit flat and odd looking. But that's probably just my opinion.
I dunno, it definitely looks like movie Smaug to me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads