• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mike Schley's MASSIVE Forgotten Realms Map From SCAG!

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."
The print version ($10-$54, depending on size) is here, and the digital version ($10) is here.

schley_fr.jpg

graves3141

First Post
I bet it'll just a plain image of the map, not at the high resolution and size of what Mike's offering. Probably no tiles either. That's just my guess thought.

I'm wondering exactly what is going to be released too. On the Extra Life site, it says a "hi-res" version of the map but that may not mean as high as the resolution that is offered on Mike's site. Either way, we'll know fairly soon.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I also attempted to use Vistaprint. The picture file is 50 meg and the PDF.. well the PDF is a LOT bigger. Uploading it would probably crash my connection. I literally could not send a 50 meg file to my local print and copy place to give me a quote (I HATE it when they try on that BS.. it was a case of 'Send it to us so we can give you a quote? ' GRR).

Im wanting a Vinyl copy or Canvas in Color and Pixel wise the main map is 269 cm by 174 cm. Im finding it very hard to find a place that can do that. Do Vistaprint do Vinyl?

Am starting to think I wont find a place that can do the map that big. Whats the biggest version someone out there has done?

What size file did you upload? That was the only drawback to my attempt to use vistaprint, file was too large.

I uploaded the jpeg file, whatever size that was. You need to then select fit to size/shrink to fit or something like that, and then I adjusted the window so that I wouldn't print white space on the top and bottom. For those just joining us, this is Staples I'm talking about. I sent the print job at lunchtime, and picked it up at 5 after work. I'm really happy with it. I just hope my laminator at work is wise enough...I don't remember its size.

I also attempted to use Vistaprint. The picture file is 50 meg and the PDF.. well the PDF is a LOT bigger. Uploading it would probably crash my connection. I literally could not send a 50 meg file to my local print and copy place to give me a quote (I HATE it when they try on that BS.. it was a case of 'Send it to us so we can give you a quote? ' GRR).

Im wanting a Vinyl copy or Canvas in Color and Pixel wise the main map is 269 cm by 174 cm. Im finding it very hard to find a place that can do that. Do Vistaprint do Vinyl?

Am starting to think I wont find a place that can do the map that big. Whats the biggest version someone out there has done?

Mine is 36" by 48"

Remove ads

Remove ads