• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Minature/Art) I need an Artist's help in fleshing out a minature

Drakmar

Explorer
Ok.. below you will see a quick Paint sketch of the pose. I am making a Human, Male, Necromancer. he will be in that pose, with a staff.. and some kind of spell coming from his hand. I am just having difficulty in visualising the guy.

So.. if you would be willing, could an drawing/painting artist of some talent, flesh him out a little.

I see him as being a Lawful Good Necromancer (like the Abhorsen in the novel Sabriel, by Garth Nix)

I would really appreciate your help.. and you would get to see a minature of you artwork. (eventually).. heck, I may even be able to work out how to cast the guy later too.

Drakmar

Attachments

• vague skeleton.jpg
    vague skeleton.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Drakmar

Explorer
O.. and I don't want a silly hat.. all the minatures I have seen of necromancers seem to have silly hats or skull thingys.. he ain't that kind of guy.

see.. I know the character.. just having problems visualising.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Any specific equipment besides the staff and no-hat? I might give it a try, though I really aren't that good.
If you want examples of what I can do, check the dragon thread.

Drakmar

Explorer
nope.. no specific equipment. I have a little bit of a better idea of the kind of mage/cleric - necromancer that this guy is.

give him a whirl. (I hope my 30 sec paint sketch helps and does not hinder)

my minatures look better than my computer drawings.. I like ze old pen and paper myself.

that is the pose I am going for. That is the style of robes I am going for. All I would like to say. .this is a good guy.. who goal is to destroy Undead. He is a Necromancer/Cleric of a Death God. he is Lawful Good. he is decended of a "Nordic" race big, blond, and mixed with a "generic" d&d race ie.. anything. I see him as a no frills kind of guy.. only the knick-knacks that are absolutely needed.. And the staff would be used for bashing.

Attachments

• vague skeleton2.jpg
    vague skeleton2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 127

Dalamar

Adventurer
I use the pen myself. But I add colors on the computer, a lot faster and easier to correct when making a mistake

Dalamar

Adventurer
I made-do without the symbol, if you want to inscibe it on the mini, a good place would be the sole of his belt.
It's in black & white 'cause I didn't find inspiration to color it (not yet, at least).

Attachments

• necro.gif
    necro.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 126

brak1

Amateur Fortean
Ah, I should read the whole thread before working on something. I kept him pretty simple and stiff - I don't know how well detail translates on something that small. It was a lot harder than I thought, and I'm not terrible happy with the result. Felt like I should at least show it to you, though.

Thought that the staff might be made of bones and that the spell he was casting might have skulls mixed with mist or flame. As with Dalamar's, I left the belt buckle blank for a symbol. He'd have a ponytail held with a skull in the back.

necromancer_fig.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads