• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mind blank protects you from all these spells!?

Magic Rub

First Post
I was wondering if there was a comprehensive list already in existence for all the spell that Mind blank protects against. I thought I may be able to save myself some work, as I'm not really looking forward to digging through all my books to create my own list.

In the unfortunate event that no one here has a list, or knows of a list... would any one be interested in me posting a copy of the one I'll hopefully not have to make :D

So if you have a list please post it :)

kreynolds

First Post
I actually have a list of spells that mind blank doesn't protect against. Here's a snip to give you an idea...

Fireball
Grease
Lightning Bolt
Magic Missile
True Strike

aliensex

First Post
kreynolds said:
I actually have a list of spells that mind blank doesn't protect against. Here's a snip to give you an idea...

Fireball
Grease
Lightning Bolt
Magic Missile
True Strike

WOW! Do you have the complete list somewhere? I've been looking for something like that!:D

Magic Rub

First Post
kreynolds said:

Fireball
Grease
Lightning Bolt
Magic Missile
True Strike

:eek: :eek: OH MY GAWD REALLY! :rolleyes: (smart a$$) ;)

So you're saying you don't then. ;) :D I know it's not hard to figure out, I'm just lazy.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
kreynolds said:
I plan to release later this year.

Let me guess: "101 Spells Mind Blank Won't Be A Bit Of Use Against! " :D

Could be the niche product the community has waited for all - well, since that post was opened. You could put out a whole series of those books, doing one with minor globe of invulnerability, one for endure elements (and associated)....:p

kreynolds

First Post
KaeYoss said:
Let me guess: "101 Spells Mind Blank Won't Be A Bit Of Use Against! " :D

Nope. I was kicking around two possible titles. Either The Big Book of Stupid Rules Clarifications or D20 Back-A$$-Wards, but I haven't decided yet which one I like the most. :cool:

Voadam

Legend
from the srd:

Mind Blank
Abjuration
Level: Protection 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 day
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The subject is protected from all devices and spells that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts. This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects. Mind blank even foils limited wish, miracle, and wish when they are used in such a way as to affect the subject’s mind or to gain information about him. In the case of scrying that scans an area that the creature is in the spell works but the creature simply isn’t detected. Scrying attempts that are targeted specifically at the subject do not work at all.

So everything with mind affecting: ie all enchantment spells all phantasms, all pattern spells.

All spells that gather information about the character (most divinations some uses of wish, etc.).

Anything that would detect influence or read emotions or thoughts (a spell that created pheromones that induced an emotional reaction could conceivably not have the mind affecting descriptor).

Magic Rub

First Post
kreynolds said:

Nope. I was kicking around two possible titles. Either The Big Book of Stupid Rules Clarifications or D20 Back-A$$-Wards, but I haven't decided yet which one I like the most. :cool:

I'd call it Duh!?

It's simple & to the point. (key word 'Simple')

Remove ads