• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mini Storage- How do you do it?

Check it out

Here is what I use for my plastic mini's & counters. ( See pictures ) I bought this at ACE hardware ( $12 ), but I have seen them at Fry's too.

I have over 1000 counters and 200 plastic D&D mini's in here. I think I'm gonna buy another one.

Size approx: 10"x14"x4", with a carrying handle! Double case pictures...

Attachments

• closed.jpg
    closed.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 177
  • open1.jpg
    open1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 185
  • open2.jpg
    open2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I have four twenty-four compartments plastic tackle-thingies that came inside some carrying bag my mother bought for herself. She had no use for them, and asked me if I wanted them for my fishing stuff, so I grabbed them up when I saw them, and plugged my plastic boys into it.

Last edited:

Salad Shooter

First Post
Well...my D&D mini's are stored in a starter kit box, fashionably held together with duct tape. My heroclix are in a booster pack box, no duct tape. Not too many of them. The warhammer figures are stored in a myriad of boxes. For a while I had some battlefleet gothic ships (with their rather fragile stands) stored in a plastic, lidded bin filled with packing peanuts. I don't have an excessive amount of any figures, so I make do with whatever.

liquid

First Post
I just use a Games Workshop miniatures case. 50 bucks, and it works great. Needed to stuff some bubble wrap in the bottom so the minis wouldn't float around the case when it's being handled though.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I have a bunch of boxes, and a tacklebox that I take to sessions.

I place in the Tacklebox the miniatures I plan to use in the session.

The other boxes (Entry packs, Carcassone expansion boxes, etc.) are set up as follows:

* Evil Humanoids
* Good Humanoids
* PC types (this is a box with one of each of the humanoids - the rest go into the Good Humanoids box; it allows the players to easily select a unique miniature for their PC
* Aberrations
* Undead
* Outsiders and Elementals
* Animals and Magical Beasts

Cheers!

viscounteric

Explorer
Considering I just purged most of my minis via eBay, I'm left with a Games Workshop case (thank you gift certificates and the original $40 price :D ), and two Chessex cases. The remaining un-painted/un-primed minis are just thrown in a shoe box next to the cases.

The GW cases are not set up for the old Grenadier/RP figs (old-school 25mm). They will go flying around in the case. GW/later RP/Reaper figs fit well.

In 15 years of collecting/painting minis, I've never had the foam from a GW or Chessex case scratch the minis. Are you guys sealing your minis after you paint them? :uhoh:

After I hit the lottery, I'd love to get a set of barrister bookcases to display the figs. A China cabinet for minis is just a hair too tacky for me.

Sanackranib

First Post
right now the $2,000 - $3,000 worth of painted/unpainted mini's of mine are taking up 9 shelves of an entertainment center that I use to showcase them
so that they are readily accessable for my game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads