• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miniature Bulette... Now with Pictures!

SpuneDagr

Explorer
Yesterday I made a miniature bulette out of Sculpie. I put him on a Huge base (relative to the D&D Harbinger minis) and I want to be able to use him in the skirmish game. Would somebody with the Miniatures HB help a brother out? He's just so darn CUTE! I'll post a picture of the thing as soon as I can get a hold of my friend's digital camera.

Here's what I have so far.

Bulette
55 points

LVL: 9
AC: 22
SPD: 8
HP: 90

MELEE ATTACK: +16 (15 ??) (more attacks?)
RANGED ATTACK: -
TYPE: Huge Magical Beast

SPECIAL ABILITES: Difficult 20; Burrow 2; Melee Reach 2; Leap (???)

Last edited:

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
I'd make just a couple of changes:

Bulette
55 points

LVL: 9
AC: 22
SPD: 8
HP: 95

MELEE ATTACK: +16 (15); +15/+15 (10) with Leap
RANGED ATTACK: -
TYPE: Huge Magical Beast

SPECIAL ABILITES: Difficult 20; Burrow 2; Melee Reach 2; Leap

I'd give the bulette just one attack normally and use the Leap ability to account for a full attack of two claws. Makes it an exception to how combat and # of attacks normally goes, but keeps the flavor intact. Points feels about right compared to the elemental.

Hurry up and let us see that picture! :)

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Reading the title of this thread, "Miniature Bulette" made me think of small Bulette's that can be house broken and used as pets. I knew it was about a minature figure, but... Just the late hour and that I'm at work and had to suffer through Day Light Savings time ending. Sorry, totally random and not really on topic.

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
Psychotic Dreamer said:
Reading the title of this thread, "Miniature Bulette" made me think of small Bulette's that can be house broken and used as pets. I knew it was about a minature figure, but... Just the late hour and that I'm at work and had to suffer through Day Light Savings time ending. Sorry, totally random and not really on topic.

hehe :) I've got this great picture right now of a pet bulette burrowing down into the kitty litter and springing up to suprise kitty where and when he least expects it :)

SpuneDagr

Explorer
I got a hold of my friend's camera. Here he is!

Bulette01.jpg

Bulette02.jpg

Attachments

• Bulette01.jpg
    Bulette01.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Bulette02.jpg
    Bulette02.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Tewligan

First Post
Hey, that's pretty damn nice, Spune! I hope your opponents appreciate the effort you made to bring this bad boy to the table.

Did you make him all in one piece? A while back, I started sculpting a Large illithid/dire bear hybrid with Sculpey based on something Jurgen Hubert wrote up, and I did it in 5 pieces - the 4 legs and the body. I then glued it together like a multi-part mini and covered up the joins and did some detailing with Green Stuff. Hmm - I may go back and paint it up, now that I've seen your bulette. Nice!

alsih2o

First Post
amazo-cool spun.

your detail/lack of detail ratio is great. the sense of movement and weight is strong. i lke this a lot.

i recently saw an article about a lady who carves sculptures from salt blocks. so i went out and bought two small salt blocks. we will see how this goes. :rolleyes:

Remove ads