Miniature storage container

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I went down to my local gaming store and bought some of the larger cardboard boxes intended to store cards (like Magic or baseball cards). They are cheap and customizable.
-blarg

Hairfoot

First Post
I use a tackle box, but be sure to work out exactly what you need to fit in before you shop. Painted lead miniatures can get scratched up if they're in big slots where they can roll around, and big models can crash about a lot if they're piled into a large, general purpose space.

Oryan77's links show the sort of thing I use. Similar cabinets can be found at Home Depot, Lowes, and other hardware stores. If you have fewer miniatures than needed to fill those then tackle boxes are your best solution.

I use stackable shelving units to store DDM figures at home. These are labeled by creature / class type for organizational reasons. These are big enough for large (2-3 inch) or smaller figures. I have a dresser set up for huge DDM figures.

For my painted metal or plastic figures (non DDM) I use Chessex carrying boxes which are labeled either by creature type or campaign world (Darksun, Eberron etc)

Stranger figures or the really big ones I have placed through out my room.

When I do travel with the figures I use either card boxes or the newest thing- 1 gallon zip-lock bags with the dungeon tiles for the entire encounter labeled as room 1 ,2,3 etc.

Remove ads