• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ZEITGEIST Miniatures for Zeitgeist?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
For me at least the setting seems to have a late 19th Century feel, at least politically and steam technology wise. [Insert long narration by James Burke of how new methods developed for boring high pressure cylinders aided both the development of longer range guns and higher compression steam engines.]

So, what minis fit?

Late Renny for most places, would Warhammer Fantasy Empire figures work, or do they wear clothing closer to the 19th Century? Or does it pretty much not matter?

The Auld Grump

benfromidaho

First Post
As a person who is in the middle of painting all the minis required of Island at the Axis of the World, I can tell you that I'm using minis from a lot of different ranges to get the ZEITGEIST feel. As you said above, I'm using Empire minis from Warhammer Fantasy Battles, along with some Warriors of Chaos and Wood Elf bits. I'm also borrowing quite heavily from the Games Workshop Lord of the Rings range, and Privateer Press's Warmachine and Hordes. There are also some Reaper minis sprinkled in for good measure. I'm hoping to have most of the minis painted up by next week, so hopefully I'll have pictures soon. I've got about 25 done, and about 30 to go. Wish me luck!

TheAuldGrump

First Post
There is also a range from Blue Moon Manufacturing - Things That Go Bump in the Night.

Box_10.jpg

Box_5.jpg

Unfortunately my favorites in that line are part of a set that is not grandma friendly. Frankly, I wish that the offending figures weren't in the set - the monsters are 'meh', topless or not, while the adventurers are quite decent (in both meanings of the term).

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* The organ grinder with a monkey was a player character in one of my steampunk games.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Considering Foundry Miniatures naval crews for the Coaltongue - most likely British, the question is, which war?

BRCMB024_1256925311_176x123.png

Crimean?

DA266_1260366501_176x123.png

Zulu? (Leaning this way.)

GWB24_176x123.png

Great War

The Auld Grump

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Heh, I can't quite put my finger on it, but....
The-Adventurers-1.jpg

Miniature for Fantasy Flight Games - The Adventurers, as shown on Beasts of War.

If I were playing, instead of likely to be running, I think that would be my PC. :)

The Auld Grump

Remove ads