• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minions falling = autokill?

mtheurer

First Post
Hi all,

I have an upcoming encounter where a roof could accidentally cave in and drop down a whole upstairs worth of zombies down into the ground level of a haunted house. Problem is that several of the zombies are of the rotter variety and if even a single point of damage destroys them would you rule that a fall, even one of less than ten feet, destroys them too? I can see if they were pushed off of a ledge or maybe even down a flight of stairs but not sure where to go with the possible cave in.

Mark

Palladion

Adventurer
In this case, think what would be more cinematic. Perhaps you start the combat with more zombies than the PCs would normally face, when they cave-in happens, some of the non-combat zombies die, but more crawl out of the rubble to attack the PCs. If the PCs are the one who collapse the roof on purpose, I would give them to ability to roll an attack one each and deal damage as an area attack. It is a pretty cinematic way to kill zombies (think movies). Heh.

Warbringer

Explorer
mtheurer said:
Hi all,

I have an upcoming encounter where a roof could accidentally cave in and drop down a whole upstairs worth of zombies down into the ground level of a haunted house. Problem is that several of the zombies are of the rotter variety and if even a single point of damage destroys them would you rule that a fall, even one of less than ten feet, destroys them too? I can see if they were pushed off of a ledge or maybe even down a flight of stairs but not sure where to go with the possible cave in.

Mark
Fall is damage vs. Ref. On a hit, kill, miss, no kill

Thasmodious

First Post
Minions have 1hp in combat against PCs. If the PCs don't collapse the roof themselves while fighting the zombies, it doesn't need to deal any damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads