• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minis for Modern?

Saracen

First Post
Does anyone know if there are any plans to produce some minis for D20 Modern? It seems that Modern will be as reliant on them as DnD is for things like attacks of opportunity, etc. Yet there don't seem to be any readily available.

The only place that I know of that has any thing coming is Steve Jackson Games with a modern line of Cardboard Heroes, but these are still, "In Production."

What I'd eventually like is a decent set of minis for the main characters and then some Cardboard Heroes type counters for the cannonfodder and enemies.

shadowlight

First Post
The minis I like to use are the low level HeroClix figures (thugs and such). They're pretty generic and can be used for lots of different NPCs...

Bagpuss

Legend

Fiery James

First Post
Counter Collection III: MODERN

Bagpuss said:

I believe Fiery Dragon have a Counter set.

http://www.fierydragon.com/Products/prod-cc3.htm

erm... there are probably some more I could dig out but that should keep you going.

Love miniatures, suck at painting, can't afford a ton.

As Bagpuss has noted, we've released a Counter Collection specifically designed for D20 Modern, so you'll know that it includes pretty much everything from the core rulebook. And more, of course.

Samples can be viewed at Claudio's gallery here.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled miniatures chat...

- James :)

Cion

First Post
VOID from I-Kore

You could also use the VASA Militia from VOID,a Sci-Fi Tabletop.
Look here:
I-Kore

If we ever get to do a D20 Modern campaign my char will be represented by one of those minis.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Cheap Modern Minis

I made two dsicoveries a while ago which have provided me with a very large library of cheap, no-painting necessary minis that work very well for a modern game.

The first was board game -- Star Wars Epic Duels, or something like that. Pick it up at walmart or the like. In a $20 game you get something like 40 star wars minis -- including a stack of stormtroopers, etc.

The second is gumball machine stuff -- specifically Homies, a collection of Hispanic little figures that are just about the perfect scale and make great minis for a modern game. There are something like 6 or 8 different sets of homies, each set has about 10 or 20 different characters. So there's a lot of variety.

I also use some other gumball minis -- i've found, for example. some little brightly colored nija figures I call ninja-tubbies that make great, if someone comic, goons.

-rg

Empty_One

First Post
Re: Cheap Modern Minis

Radiating Gnome said:
[
The second is gumball machine stuff -- specifically Homies, a collection of Hispanic little figures that are just about the perfect scale and make great minis for a modern game. There are something like 6 or 8 different sets of homies, each set has about 10 or 20 different characters. So there's a lot of variety.

Homies Rule! While I have never used them for gaming, i find them oddly compelling, and I just have to buy a few whenever I pass them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads