• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Minis: Stand Ups Vs Counters

Klaus

First Post
Ah. Those are the things I use on the stand ups.

The difference is that most of the stand ups are two sided and unless I'm missing something with the counters, the counters are one sided? Been a while since I've got any new counters. Think last one I bought was probably the Ptlous.
Print version of Counter Collection Fourth Edition Heroic 1 will have double-sided counters, with one side marked as "Bloodied". And they're die-cut on heavier cardstock (heavier than CCGold, which was our heaviest ever). Plus, it comes with a few bonus Dungeon Dressing counters, as a sample of what you'll find in the 4e BattleBox.

Both are in the packaging stage.

frankthedm

First Post
I copy and paste pictures from .PDFs of books, or I scour google images and deviant art to find what I need. Print in color on cardstock.
;) BTW, given your avatar is a video game sprite, may I suggest you take a look at this topic. While they are designed to be flat counters, most are in .png format so culling the sprites from the sheets should be easy.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/art-ga...ainting/225315-sources-images-use-tokens.html

img525.imageshack.us/img525/4196/orctroopernb1.png

Sprite rippers include: emonoya & VGS.net

Last edited:

galaga88

Explorer
;) BTW, given your avatar is a video game sprite, may I suggest you take a look at this topic. While they are designed to be flat counters, most are in .png format so culling the sprites from the sheets should be easy.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/art-ga...ainting/225315-sources-images-use-tokens.html

img525.imageshack.us/img525/4196/orctroopernb1.png

Sprite rippers include: emonoya & VGS.net

Thanks for pointing those out to me. I usually prefer traditional art as opposed to sprites on my standees though. I will admit to using a blue slime from DragonQuest as a D&D blue slime on a lark, which was hilarious since the blue slime ended up being one of the most hazardous/terrifying encounters the PCs had.

slime.jpg

Another benefit to standees over tokens is we can put them on their side to indicate that they're prone. Which we do in D&D4 a LOT. (I suppose you could just flip the tokens over if you printed them double sided)

Treebore

First Post
Print version of Counter Collection Fourth Edition Heroic 1 will have double-sided counters, with one side marked as "Bloodied". And they're die-cut on heavier cardstock (heavier than CCGold, which was our heaviest ever). Plus, it comes with a few bonus Dungeon Dressing counters, as a sample of what you'll find in the 4e BattleBox.

If your doing it from PDF even the 3E sets can be printed out twice, glued back to back and be two sided. You just don't have obvious backsides. For the few I have done I just put a big red mark in the bottom right corner of the side I decided to be the "back side".

Truename

First Post

Klaus, I prefer your digital collection with the separate image files--I like the flexibility of making my own counter sheets. Any news on when that's going to be updated with your 4e counters?

Klaus

First Post
Actually, yes. The new Counter Collection Digital will have a separate folder with all the 4e counters produced so far. The Collection has already been organized and is on the verge of release.

I think it's already available--I saw it advertised on the Fiery Dragon site and bought a copy at RPGNow.

(I'm a big fan of Klaus's counters: not only do they look good but they also keep my wife from going insane at the cost of miniatures.)

Remove ads