• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine Part II

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: Yikes! My mind was turned around, or inverted.
Anyway: Understood (finally): going along the tunnel, the party has just encountered a right-hand turn to the North.

Edit: I must have been muddle-headed when I switched East and West like that.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Peeking around the bend, Leonan motions the party forward if there are no obstacles.

Just in case, he mutters quick incantation and the image of leader of the thugs from the in appears near the other end of the tunnel, leaning casually on the wall.

OOC: spell minor image 10 feet from the tunnel exit (or 30' from Leonan, whatevers closer) - the idea being that if someone notices him, he will hail him, not raise an alarm and we'll get a warning.

mips42

Adventurer
As you look around the corner, you peer into a vast open space, half worked stone and half natural rock formations. A cold breeze wafts through this large natural cavern, carrying with it the faint scent of decaying flesh. A crevasse divides the cavern and is flanked by two rough stone columns that support the twenty-foot-high ceiling. Two arched wooden bridges span the chasm.
Somewhere in this space you briefly hear a faint sound that reminds you of rat claws.
OOC: All party members need a wisdom check at this time.

mips42

Adventurer
[sblock=Leonan] in the pale light you can just make out a strange shape behind the rock formations on the other side of the cavern. You also seem to fell a light touch, like walking into a cobweb. Suddenly you hear a voice, both distant and right next to you, 'hungry. Bring food like others, you pass like others.'
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan quickly returns to the group.

"There is some kind of guardian up ahead. It seeks food. I don't think it is really part of the gang, but rather something like a troll, too powerful to easily remove, too easily manipulated to remain in place through food offerings. I don't think it would make a difference for it who we are. Except of course we have no food. I suggest we try the other passes and doors. If Redbrands, with their numbers and a wizard didn't remove the creature, it could be too powerful or to costly for us to attack. Or we could offer it some food from those barrels we saw in the first chamber if there is any.

Distateful option is to offer any victims from our first encounter with the bandits. We fight, attract some attention, then run through the tunnel. Maybe we even pull some after us. But I'd rather avoid killing and especially offering intelligent...or at least thinking...creatures as food."

Trogdor1992

First Post
Castagyr speaks up at this with a look of disgust "We are absolutely not feeding dead men to any creatures, regardless of how foul those men might be. If need be we can take a different route."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads