• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Misc Clarifications: Run, Spring Attack

SnowDog

First Post
Hi all -- sorry for nondescript header. I did some searching and couldn't find the exact stuff I was looking for, so I figured I'd post here.

We just got out of a very combat-intensive session where a bunch of new skills/feats got used. We ended up with some questions (my speculations follow each question):

Q: When choosing run as your action, are you denied your DEX to your AC until your next action or only while moving?

My thought -- until your next action. I'm basing this off the fact that the description of the Run action in the SRD says you lose your Dex to AC. I think if it was meant to be a temporary penalty, that would be spelled out.

Q: When using spring attack, must you declare at the start all your movement, or can you wait until after your swing is resolved to decide where to move?

I don't see why this would be any different than normal move+combat, where you don't have to decide your movement until after you swing, etc... Obviously some people have house rules about this, but I'm looking for a clarification of the official rules. I'm sure my DM will be "housing" this feat to some extent; I just want to make sure I'm not abusing it before then.

Thanks in advance....

AGGEMAM

First Post
SnowDog said:
Q: When choosing run as your action, are you denied your DEX to your AC until your next action or only while moving?

There is no difference between the two options, you are running for your entire round, which is until your next action

Q: When using spring attack, must you declare at the start all your movement, or can you wait until after your swing is resolved to decide where to move?

Yes, as always you have to declare your intent. Then things might change as you go along.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads