• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Missed the old D&D computer games?

Treebore

First Post
IF you missed them, or simply do not have working versions for your current Win 7 computer, or any other reason I cannot guess, but would like to own them, play them again, etc...

GOG.com has them on sale now through the weekend at up to 60% off. Thats the Balder Gate series, both of them, Icewind Dale series, both of them, Temple of Elemental Evil, Planescape: Torment, etc...

GOG sells these with all patches, and they do work even on Win 7. I have bought dozens of old games from GOG and have had very few problems, which ended up being a result of a Microsoft update, so if you don't keep your computer religiously updated, you may have absolutely no problems.

So you can buy and DL each of these series/games for as little as $3.99 each.

GOG.com

At these prices I couldn't say "No", so will finally get to play Neverwinter Nights and Temple of Elemental Evil for my first time ever. I even bought Demon Stone, etc... despite being pretty sure I heard they sucked.

So I'm sure I am not the only one interested in these games, so I hope I have helped make someones day with making you all aware of this sale. It is effective now, I already bought the games at this discounted price and am DLing Neverwinter right now.

nightwyrm

First Post
You might want to be aware that the programming of the actual game sometimes leaves a lot to be desired (bugs, crashes etc.) and there are fan-made patches available (ie. Co8 for ToEE, various other stuff for Neverwinter) that fixes things up and/or add content to the games.

I played ToEE with the Co8 patches and it's probably the most authentic 3.5 experience available for a computer game.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I just recently played through the Baldur's Gate saga and IWD 1. Great games, though I wouldn't call them old by any means. They have aged really well.

Treebore

First Post
You might want to be aware that the programming of the actual game sometimes leaves a lot to be desired (bugs, crashes etc.) and there are fan-made patches available (ie. Co8 for ToEE, various other stuff for Neverwinter) that fixes things up and/or add content to the games.

I played ToEE with the Co8 patches and it's probably the most authentic 3.5 experience available for a computer game.

GOG sells the stuff with all fixes/patches, hopefully including anything only "fan made". If not, do you have links?

racoffin

First Post
Circle of Eight

Here's a link to the forum over at Circle of Eight with the links to the mod packs as well as a breakdown to what is in them.

The Circle of Eight Modpack - Circle of Eight Forum

Additionally, they are working on their newest release that should be out within the month, last I heard.

Be advised that the modifications for the 'new content' go fairly far afield from the base module, but in a good way, extending the game into levels 11+ and adding more adventures.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Check the GoG forums also, there are instructions on the different ways to add fan mods, but yes, circle of 8 is a must addition....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads