• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

missing: last post and first new post icons in stealth

doghead

thotd
I usually check my threads through the 'My Acount' link. Has everyone else lost the first new & last post icons here or is it just my browser/computer playing up?

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Interesting. The icons are visible in the 'subforum' link/summary above the main forum page (ie Living ENWorld above Playing the Game), but not in the main forum pages themselves.

Michael Morris

First Post
The point of the Stealth styleset is a styleset without icons so as not to attract the boss. So I've been killing them off, slowly and painfully my pretties :)

doghead

thotd
Ah. The 'newest' and 'last' post links are the ones I use more than any other single link.

How about some 'low visibility' grey ones - I don't need the colours. I can use the number of pages or replies to see if a thread is hot. I can work out if there are new posts by the presence (or absense) of a 'newest' post icon. Honest, its no problem really.

But if icons are out, Any chance of a _text_ link then?

Could you let me know if there isn't so I can change my default.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
doghead said:
Ah. The 'newest' and 'last' post links are the ones I use more than any other single link.

How about some 'low visibility' grey ones - I don't need the colours. I can use the number of pages or replies to see if a thread is hot. I can work out if there are new posts by the presence (or absense) of a 'newest' post icon. Honest, its no problem really.

But if icons are out, Any chance of a _text_ link then?

Could you let me know if there isn't so I can change my default.

Agreed. These icons are too useful to go, and insignifcant in the grand scheme of things as long as logos and banners are visible at the top of the page.

Wulf

doghead

thotd
Spoony Bard said:
The point of the Stealth styleset is a styleset without icons so as not to attract the boss. So I've been killing them off, slowly and painfully my pretties :)

Duhdah! The penny drops. The bosses at work. Trying to hide the icons from Morrus and EN did seem a little odd.

OK, now I'm with the program. How about this - text only. No avatars. Smilies, banners and links and stuff in all in text. Should make it look like nice and boring - just like work stuff. Might even lower the server load.

Michael Morris

First Post
Guys, I'll get back over to Stealth and design something for it shortly, but at the moment default is having problems and it gets used a lot more.

doghead

thotd
Thanks Spoony.

I'm working around it at the mo, but its less user friendly. And I really do like stealth. I've tried the others for a while, but I find stealth so much easier to read. And the formatting (bold, italics) really stands out more in this style.

the head of the dog.

Remove ads