• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS Mission to improve Mission to the Monastery of Two Winds

Mrpereira

Explorer
I know I am late to the party - and haven't been active for a loooooooong while. The experience from my playthrough was that the climax with Tempest was one of the weaker points. While this chapter is the build-up and probably will strengthen that buildup, the whole climatic fight inside Tempest was underwhelming. The players really did not enjoy it, as the only part of the adventure path.

If you are revising the arc, I would recommend taking a look at that chapter as well.

I don't think I'm going to write more on this. I poked at it between projects, but now I'm hip-deep in a novel. Sorry. But hopefully the initial thoughts will still be useful for anyone who wants to run the adventure and the AP.

Oginme

Villager
RangerWickett,

Did you ever flesh out the later acts to fit in with the updated changes in this first part of the act you outlined above? I am definitely adopting it to see how it plays with the first of my groups playing this campaign heading there.

I am thinking that Pilus' distraction may be caused by his efforts to maintain his youthful appearance and resist aging, which is becoming harder as his actual age increases. While his study of Biomancy is part of his efforts to find a way to extend his life, he is also looking for information on how Coaltongue was able to achieve it. The splitting of time between the three pursuits: Tempest, resisting the effects of aging, and diving into Coaltongue's lore, is what prevents him from being more present at the beginning and willing to hand over information and resources to Caela, not suspecting her betrayal.

Sorry. I never put in more time working on this. I had considered doing it with a group of mine that was briefly restarting WotBS, but we stopped after adventure 2 and did other stuff.

Oginme

Villager
Sorry. I never put in more time working on this. I had considered doing it with a group of mine that was briefly restarting WotBS, but we stopped after adventure 2 and did other stuff.
Don't be sorry. It is a nice rewrite of the motives and movers for this section. I will see how it plays out in one of my groups, modify if needed and maybe update with what I did off of your work.

Remove ads