• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mistress of Necromancy, Death, and Undead

emoplato

First Post
I am going to take the Walker in the Waste PrC so my character can become a Dry Lich. I have done some looking at info on the Spirit Shaman and one site said that the Spirit shaman is my best choose class wise. Why is that?
Well, it has the Druid spell list and those spells in the domain requirement are on that list anyway. Arguably like a cleric you can take Dynamic Priest to make it fully charisma based. It also has a unique form of casting which comes in real handy. It is essentially a prepared caster that constructs a list of spells known to spontaneously cast from. Also its 10th level ability allows to maintain concentration of off two different things. It also has some other nice situational but useful abilities, especially with Sandstorm spells. An Archivist will give you more spells to choose from and very useful knowledge oriented abilities but there is a bit more MAD.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Dread Necromancer will provide you with Arcane spells and all the abilities they gain in the last 10 levels vs. a PrC such as Enervating Touch and Scabrous touch, Damage Reduction, 50% Fortification.

Walker in the Waste is Divine based, will get you 2 levels lost with the casting progression, Dessicating Touch damage attack, the ability to make a golem and mummy and the best of all things, you'll achieve Lichdom many levels earlier. This PrC is rediculiously easy to enter into. My understanding is if you make a Cleric with the Thirst and Sand domains (No deity offers both, you'll need to make a Cleric that worships an ideal instead of a deity or otherwise custom select domains) you can honestly be a Cleric 2/Walker in the Waste 1 level 3 character, making you a Dry Lich at level 12.

With all that said, I think Dread Necromancer gives you more bang for your buck overall. IF your primary goal is to control undead, Cleric or Dread Necromancer is your route. Walker in the Waste will slow you down with this in comparison, as I understand it.

Last edited:

Hauathon

First Post
Dread Necromancer will provide you with Arcane spells and all the abilities they gain in the last 10 levels vs. a PrC such as Enervating Touch and Scabrous touch, Damage Reduction, 50% Fortification.

Walker in the Waste is Divine based, will get you 2 levels lost with the casting progression, Dessicating Touch damage attack, the ability to make a golem and mummy and the best of all things, you'll achieve Lichdom many levels earlier. This PrC is rediculiously easy to enter into. My understanding is if you make a Cleric with the Thirst and Sand domains (No deity offers both, you'll need to make a Cleric that worships an ideal instead of a deity or otherwise custom select domains) you can honestly be a Cleric 2/Walker in the Waste 1 level 3 character, making you a Dry Lich at level 12.

With all that said, I think Dread Necromancer gives you more bang for your buck overall. IF your primary goal is to control undead, Cleric or Dread Necromancer is your route. Walker in the Waste will slow you down with this in comparison, as I understand it.
You need to be able to cast three spells from the Thirst or Sand domain as divine spells the Heat Endurance Feats and to be of nongood alignment. I was just reading the abilities that you get as a Walker in the Waste and I am really liking them! I like the Walker in the Waste's ability create a Salt Mummy, The Wasting ability of the Walker in the Waste, their Desiccating Touch and the Drought ability that they have. I know that the Salt Mummy was in MMIII. You get +8 levels of existing spellcasting level.

I do like the Dread Ncromancer's Scabrous touch and Undead Mastery abilities. Is the Dread Necromancer's Rebuke Undead text messed up?Would the Dread Necromancer'sNegative Energy Burst ability work on himself when he is a lich?

Last edited:

emoplato

First Post
How would I do the Spirit Shaman so it can help me out as Dry Lich if possible?
Well get Extraordinary concentration and maybe swift concentration(skill trick) as soon as possible. This allows you to have multiple spells going at once that normally wouldn't. As such you could have control winds going while controlling an Elemental Monolith Earth and watch him make grand slams. You could also move black sands with control winds giving areas of negative energy as a sort of fast healing for your armies. All of which you can be sitting in the Ethereal Plane completely unaffected and caster more spells of natural destruction.
I am sure their are more such spells, ones with duration and allows controlled movement often have a concentration component.

Last edited:

Hauathon

First Post
Well get Extraordinary concentration and maybe swift concentration(skill trick) as soon as possible. This allows you to have multiple spells going at once that normally wouldn't. As such you could have control winds going while controlling an Elemental Monolith Earth and watch him make grand slams. You could also move black sands with control winds giving areas of negative energy as a sort of fast healing for your armies. All of which you can be sitting in the Ethereal Plane completely unaffected and caster more spells of natural destruction.
I am sure their are more such spells, ones with duration and allows controlled movement often have a concentration component.
From what you have said I like the Spirit Shaman. Is this correct info on the Spirit Shaman (http://grpg.wikidot.com/class:spirit-shaman)?

I found info on the Spirit Shaman for NWN and from what i read of it I am not sure it sounds like what I want though. ()? If the following is an ability of the Spirit Warrior then it would be bad fora lich if I want that far. At lvl 19 you gain a contingency effect that activates a Heal if your hit-points or ability score drop to 0. The effect can only be activated once per day. This ability works against instant death spells which inflict damage, such as Weird, Vampiric Feast, etc

Last edited:

Hauathon

First Post
Yes, it is accurate to the Complete Divine
I have not seen from any ability to control undead with the Spirit Shaman (Spirit Shaman - Geelong Roleplayers).

I have been get that the Dread Necromancer who follow the class to its end gets ability not found on most right? So I think I might want the Dread Necromancer more then Spirit Shaman. I think that the Spirit Shaman is a n interesting class even it might not fit with what I want to with. Before I shoulld say no to the Spirit Shaman should I read the info on it the Complete Divine or the site 100% perfect?

So I should go with the Dread Necromancer Lich Transformation over the Walker in the Waste PrC Lich tranformation? Like I have said before I like the Dread Necromancer and the PrC Walker in the Waste alot.

Last edited:

Dandu

First Post
Before I shoulld say no to the Spirit Shaman should I read the info on it the Complete Divine or the site 100% perfect?
How could you possibly trust the Complete Divine over teh wizdom of teh internets?

Remove ads