• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mithril and armor weight

jontherev

First Post
ooohhh...

IceBear said:
I drop my backpack (unless I left the nonessentials on my house) as my first combat action. That usually frees up lots of weight.

IceBear

But Heward's Hilariously Happy Haversack's only 2k and allows retrieving items as a free action. Worth the cost. It's almost like having Quickdraw!

Corwyn

First Post
Can anybody direct me to where the information on these materials can be found ??

My players found some mithril in the forge of fury so I would like to know what the bonuses are it conveys.

IceBear

Explorer
Re: ooohhh...

jontherev said:

But Heward's Hilariously Happy Haversack's only 2k and allows retrieving items as a free action. Worth the cost. It's almost like having Quickdraw!

True...I was just quoting from my campaign - it tends to be low magic so we rarely have "build to order" magic items. Thus, no HHH :)

IceBear

Wolf72

Explorer
Corwyn said:
Can anybody direct me to where the information on these materials can be found ??

My players found some mithril in the forge of fury so I would like to know what the bonuses are it conveys.

around pg 242 in the DMG. There is adamantium, Mithril, and darkwood. There is also ferroplasm in the PsiHB.

Omegium

First Post
jontherev said:

Otherwise, you must not be carrying much of anything. The shirt plus your explorer's outfit only leaves you 15 lbs.

Your clothing does not count for the total weight, you get it for free. So that leaves 23. Still not much. We are just lvl 2 (our dm has overequiped us a bit), so I don't have a HHH yet, but it was quite high on my priority list. And the first thing I bought was a mule, so it can carry my rope and my tent and the enormous amounts of stuff I tend to buy (I buy nearly every adventuring item in the phb, my lists are more than twice those of my fellow players. I hate it when I need an item very much in a dungeon and the first shop is 20 miles away)

Vanye

Explorer
I like the way they did Mithral and Adamantine and Darkwood (i think that's its name). I hope we get other types of mystical materials. Sure it helps out the min/maxers but I like the feel of mystery the Pcs get for running into strange things like that.

Well, the module LORDS OF THE IRON FORTRESS has Batooran green steel in it. I didn't get a chance to read the details of it as I was browsing, but it's in there. There are a few things in the FRCS (higazzur and a few others, I believe) as well.

jontherev

First Post
thanks!

Omegium said:

Your clothing does not count for the total weight, you get it for free. So that leaves 23. Still not much. We are just lvl 2 (our dm has overequiped us a bit), so I don't have a HHH yet, but it was quite high on my priority list. And the first thing I bought was a mule, so it can carry my rope and my tent and the enormous amounts of stuff I tend to buy (I buy nearly every adventuring item in the phb, my lists are more than twice those of my fellow players. I hate it when I need an item very much in a dungeon and the first shop is 20 miles away)

I didn't realize this, so I looked it up. You're right, it doesn't count against the amount of weight you can carry. However, it would still count as weight for purposes of armor check penalties, since that is not mentioned. Sorry for straying offtopic.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Re: thanks!

jontherev said:
I didn't realize this, so I looked it up. You're right, it doesn't count against the amount of weight you can carry. However, it would still count as weight for purposes of armor check penalties, since that is not mentioned. Sorry for straying offtopic.

Where does it say this? I had always played it the other way... and it would change my character to Light encumberence.

jontherev

First Post
Re: Re: thanks!

CRGreathouse said:

Where does it say this? I had always played it the other way... and it would change my character to Light encumberence.

PHB, page 111. "This first outfit is free of cost and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry."

Hmmm. Perhaps I was reading too much into that. I guess that means you just take off the weight altogether?

Remove ads