• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MM2 Excerpt: Ultimate Beholder Tyrant

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
"OMG that's utterly terrifying" was my initial response, I have to say. :)

I hope it gets included in a future module. Otherwise, I think I may have to drop him in to something anyway...

Shroomy

Adventurer
Nobody's mentioned it yet, but I really liked the beholder's antimagic zone; its interesting, given the number of zones available to high level leaders and controllers, many of which can be quite powerful (at least, I love 'em).

chaotix42

First Post
Yeah, antimagic field is pretty darn cool. You could dress up the beholder's lair with some permanent zones to give him even more incentive to push/pull/slide the PCs around into dangerous spots. I can only imagine fighting this guy, having his way with me at the start of each of my turns! Mounting a serious & consistent offense against the beholder seems like a real challenge, even at epic levels.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Awe-some! Aaand, isn´t it nice that my group has just entered Undermountain?

1.jpg

Watch out, there´s something waiting down below... :p

Last edited:

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
Am I the only one who thinks that 2d6+7 isn't enough damage at level 29? Some of the higher-end players at this level will have upwards of 200 hitpoints. The Beholder gets a lot of attacks, but the damage is really low.

I think I'd probably still run this guy with my 75% hp and +1/2 level to damage which would turn the 2d6+7 into 2d6+21 damage - much more epic!.

Remove ads