MM3e: Unconventional Heroes Vol. 2 [OOC]

hero4hire

Explorer
Nevermind I found her pretty easily. Since you rolled pretty well (Invulnerability 7!) and are confined to a PL 8/120pp build I did the best I could to capture the essentials of what she can do.

Psiren - PL 8

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 6, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 5, Awareness 7, Presence 2

Advantages
Connected, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+9), Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+13), Expertise (AGL) (Dance) 1 (+7), Perception 3 (+10)

Powers
Containment suit (Removable)
Protection: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])
Telepathy: Mental Area Communication 3 (Area, Precise)
. . Mental Paralysis: Affliction 8 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Increased Range (ranged))
. . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (Alternate; DC 18)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 13)
Mental Paralysis: Affliction 8, +3 (DC Will 18)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +3 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 18)

Complications
Accident: Powers go awry w/o Containment Suit

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 10, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 34 + Advantages 2 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 120

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at Lone Wolf Development!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The Hero Lab right up looks pretty good, if not ability score heavy (to create a literal translation of the ICON character). As is, the only sticky part is the Unarmed offense since the attack bonus breaks the the book's "50% disparity" trade off guideline. But then I'm not sure where would be a good place to place that one skill point if you brought the unarmed attack down to +12.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
The Hero Lab right up looks pretty good, if not ability score heavy (to create a literal translation of the ICON character). As is, the only sticky part is the Unarmed offense since the attack bonus breaks the the book's "50% disparity" trade off guideline. But then I'm not sure where would be a good place to place that one skill point if you brought the unarmed attack down to +12.

You could make her Fighting a point lower and Strength a point higher to satisfy the PL caps and the rule. Though just my humble opinion such rules are in place should not be 'hard & fast' for characters that aren't abusive.
Unarmed, +13 (DC 18) doesn't hurt much. But as I said thats just my opinion. :)

Hope I helped some. At the very least give a framework to tinker with. :)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Though just my humble opinion such rules are in place should not be 'hard & fast' for characters that aren't abusive.
Unarmed, +13 (DC 18) doesn't hurt much. But as I said thats just my opinion. :)
True, which is why I mentioned it being a "guide line" rather then a rule and also why I said "if you brought down the bonus to 12" rather then just flat out saying "to bring it down to 12". :p

Of course, if it was an attack that was linked to a cumulative progressive affliction that ends with "dying" then I think there would be a problem with the 50% disparity breach. But as it stands with a mundane unarmed attack, I could deal with sticky. :)

Hope I helped some. At the very least give a framework to tinker with. :)
I think you helped a lot. It's always good to have someone as knowledgeable in M&M as you are sticking around. So if you have enough room on your plate, feel free to toss down a character idea.:)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I just have to say, now that Volume 1 is quickly approaching the epilogue post, I find myself thinking about changing some of my plans for Volume 2 (ie de-emphasizing several ideas, and emphasizing others). I'm mostly doing this because some tangent ideas I recently had when brainstorming actually might end up being more messed up and could turn out to become funn(i)er.

With that said...

COMING (VERY) SOON:

Unconventional Heroes Issue 2: Fallen Angels.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
A head's up, I've posted the Rogues Gallery. So place the updated/edited character sheets there.

All of the character will receive:
+1 Hero Point (permanent)
+1 Hero Point (Temporary)

I will also post the volume 2 thread as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hero4Hire's version does keep her psychic bruiser styling. Due to her attack bonus, I do see her using power attack a lot since it would be easy for her to lots of game that way.

Remove ads