• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MM4 and Secrets of Xen'drik

Stormborn

Explorer
Happened to go by Books A Million yesterday. Went down the game isle to see if they had Dragon Queen minis in. They did not. They did have Monster Manual 4 and Secrets of Xen'drik! My FLGS did not. What was the release date on those anyway and has anyone else seen them? Or did BAM break a street date?

Glyfair

Explorer
Yeah, WotC has moved their release dates to Tuesdays. Other markets have done this for a while.

The basic idea is that you get the traffic from the "must have the first day" buyers on a slow day in the store. The impulse buyers will usually be there on the weekends anyway. With the release dates on Friday, you had the normal traffic as well as the traffic driven to the store for the "hot new release." Music & video stores have been doing this for ages.

Havlo

First Post
I picked up SoX at Borders last Thursday, a full 5 days before the supposed street date. I've been noticing that lately Borders has been having the books out about a week early. Kinda nice if you ask me.

EricNoah

Adventurer
My understanding is that WotC has little to no control/sway over when book retailers (as opposed to game retailers) put out products. So instead they try to time the distribution such that a bookstore will be putting out products at around the time of the official street date. Doesn't always work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads