[MnM] Four Against Pharaoh

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I've inserted italicized comments/questions in the sblock.

[sblock=Stats]
KNOCKBACK -1

I count Defensive Roll for knockback.

Powers:
Environment Control (Light, 2 pts/rank) +6
(Extras: Linked (Environment Control (Heat, 2 pts/rank) +6), Feats: Slow Fade, Alternate Power x2) (27 points, 4 pts/rank)

For Environmental Control, I like the "Mix-and-Match Environments" option on p. 49 of UP. This turns Environmental Control into something like a limited Variable Power, in your case working off appropriate light/heat descriptors.

Also, forgive me for being obtuse, but what are you Slow Fading?

*Alternate Power: Strike +6 (Extras: Penetrating, Linked (Deflection (all ranged attacks) +6); Descriptor: Light)

I think something went wrong here (and it may be my math). You've got 24 pp in your array. Penetrating Strike 6 is 12 points. Deflect All Ranged Attacks 6 is 18 points. That's too many points.

Also, I'm not picturing how Linked Strike-Deflect would work. Is the idea that any time Re-Khenemetsi Strikes he also gets a chance to Deflect any ranged attacks that happen to head his way?

[/sblock]

Meteoric

First Post
I added my own comments in yellow italics.
[sblock=Stats]
KNOCKBACK -1

I count Defensive Roll for knockback.

Ooh, nifty!

Powers:
Environment Control (Light, 2 pts/rank) +6
(Extras: Linked (Environment Control (Heat, 2 pts/rank) +6), Feats: Slow Fade, Alternate Power x2) (27 points, 4 pts/rank)

For Environmental Control, I like the "Mix-and-Match Environments" option on p. 49 of UP. This turns Environmental Control into something like a limited Variable Power, in your case working off appropriate light/heat descriptors.

I really need to pick up Ultimate Power :blush: I'll try to get that tonight, I keep meaning to and forgetting. It sounds like the UP way would work better.

Also, forgive me for being obtuse, but what are you Slow Fading?

The Slow Fade was for the Environment Control specifically. Normally, it would fade at 1 point per round as a sustained power, so sustaining it would run from full power to zero in 24 rounds (less than 3 minutes). I wanted him to be able to put out light/heat for a little longer than that; an application of Slow Fade would make it lose 1 point per minute sustained. It definitely does not apply to the Dazzle or Strike parts of the array, those lose 1 point for each use as normal.

*Alternate Power: Strike +6 (Extras: Penetrating, Linked (Deflection (all ranged attacks) +6); Descriptor: Light)

I think something went wrong here (and it may be my math). You've got 24 pp in your array. Penetrating Strike 6 is 12 points. Deflect All Ranged Attacks 6 is 18 points. That's too many points.

Also, I'm not picturing how Linked Strike-Deflect would work. Is the idea that any time Re-Khenemetsi Strikes he also gets a chance to Deflect any ranged attacks that happen to head his way?

I guess I screwed the math up. As to the concept, the Deflect was intended as kind of a defensive Dazzle - while he's fighting, the light from the blade flashing around is intense enough to disrupt aiming. The more I think about it the less I like the idea, so I'm thinking I should just leave that alternate power at Strike +6 (Penetrating), for a total of 12 points.

I'm not sure how the Fades flaw would interact with that, though. The array loses 1 point with each use, but the Strike would be a 12-point power in a 24-point array. So for example, after 12 uses, is Strike:

• Still at full strength, the first 12 points acted as a 'buffer', or
  • Completely gone, the first 12 points started deducting immediately, or
  • Half strength, the array 'pretends' that the Strike has 2 extras that do nothing so that it fills the 24 point total, or
  • Something else?

Hm, Re-Khenemetsi needs a contraction, it's a mouthful even typing it... I really intended it to be as much a title as a name. Perhaps he goes by Khene (pronounced ken-eh).
[/sblock]

Edit: Okay, the whole fading question is basically circumvented because I thought of something really obvious, namely, that a weapon made out of THE SUN should probably be a light source. So, that alternate power could have Strike, and a half-strength Environmental Control, possibly linked together.

One store didn't have UP, I'll check the other store near me tomorrow. Failing that there's Amazon.

Last edited:

Giant Boy

Explorer
I will be reserving this space for my character sheet. I changed my character idea into a drug-addicted French super-soldier who works by day smuggling suplies to give to those affected by Dr. Mobius. Will be updating.

LE GARNER

[sblock=Basic Information]

LE GARNER
Quote: "Shall I smuggle that for you?"
Power Level: 6
Concept: Drug-Addicted French Super Soldier
Legal Status: Citizen of Egypt wanted arrested by new Cairo goverment
Identity: Secret
Place of Birth: Badonviller, France
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Out of Contact
Height: 6 ft. 3 in.
Weight: 210 lbs.
Eyes: Black
Hair: Dark Brown
Motivation: Good Cause, Bad Life
Complications: Goverment, Drug Addiction
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]

Jean Firman Le Pain was originally born in Badonviller, France in 1894. He was born into a fairly nice family, and attended a very rich school. During class, Jean at the age of 10, became very interested into joining the army to help and save the poor. Eight years later, in the year 1912 he enrolled into The French Army and two years later was drafted to the Great War of 1914. After Germany tried to invade France during The First Battle of the Marne, Jean was severely wounded.

When Jean thought all hope was lost, his teamates called in Dr. Wilbur de Gaulle, a famous scientist known only to few during the war. They took him in, and Dr. Wilbur invented a drug that would hopefully cure Jean Firman Le Pain. But, once injected, it turned Jean into a superhuman instead of curing of him. Taking this advantage, The French Armies won The First Battle of the Marne, and humiliated Germany. Two years past and Jean felt an urge to abuse the drug that gave him his amazing powers and his unit easily got a fort in Cairo, Egypt that once was a colony and help the British to drive Germany out, driving German Leader, Kaiser Whilhelm II to give up on Cairo. After this Jean's life got worse, he lost all contact of his family. After the Treaty of Versailles, in June 28, 1919, Jean reached the age of 25, and decided to leave in Cairo for the rest of his life.

Of course in 1922, Dr. Mobius invaded Cairo and took it over. To help the poor and afflicted, Jean took the name of Le Garner, and dedicated his life, even till today in 1929, to try his best to smuggle goods and give it to the poor. Sadly, he still does not have contact with his family, and due to Mobius' reallity storms, he can never find where his family ended up at, until the evil tyrant has been defeated. Of course, his other day job is as a proffesional cook, and of course, craves the taste of cheese. As Le Garner, he has a proffession in smuggling. He does not know where Dr. Wilbur de Gaulle is, for soon, possibly by the end of the year, he will run out of the drugs that gives him his amazing powers. Sadly, now he has a very bad drug addiction after all these years using it.

Le Garner and Jean Firman Le Pain will help anyone in need. He is still a soldier and has many French Army devices with him, mostly his pistol. The drug enhances his Stength, Dexterity and/or Agility, Constitution, Speed, Wisdom, and Intellegence. He has to inject himself with the drug every 24 hours. He he runs out and doesn't do it in time, he enhanced traits will halve.

:D
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Giant Boy

Explorer
I have on idea on my character is that he could possibly get addicted to a drug device that will enhance his Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Agility, and Speed after the events of Dr. Mobius coming in had happened. For that, when I make up the character sheet, he will have a "life-supporting" device in his vest (part of his original army uniform), if he becomes addicted and abuses the drug.

[sblock=OOC]
I will come up with a background soon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Merlin's Shadow

First Post
All right. I'm reserving this space and I'll be filling in stuff as I get it finished.
[sblock]
Visucius
Quote: "Knowledge is power is freedom."
Concept: Mystical seeker of knowledge
Legal Status: Citizen of Germany
Identity: Private
Place of Birth: Bonn, Germany
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Ernust (brother), Minna (sister)
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 195 lbs.
Eyes: Silver
Hair: Black
Motivation: Knowledge and power
Complications:

Background:

STR 10 (+0); DEX 14 (+2); CON 14 (+2); INT 24/20 (+7/+5); WIS 16 (+3); CHA 16 (+3)

TOU +2; FORT +3; REF +4; WILL +6; INIT +2; KNOCKBACK -1

MELEE ; RANGE ; GRAPPLE ; DAMAGE ; DEFENSE

Skills: Bluff +2, Concentration +4, Knowledge/Arcane Lore +6, Knowledge/History +4, Knowledge/Theology and Philosophy +4, Intimidate +6, Investigate +2, Language (Arabic, English, German, Greek, Latin), Medicine +2, Notice +4, Profession (Professor) +4, Sense Motive +1, Stealth +2, Survival +2

Feats: Benefit (Wealth), Eidetic Memory, Fearsome Presence +4

Powers: Enhanced Intelligence +4, Magic +6,

Devices:

Drawbacks:

Abilities + Skills + Feats + Powers + Combat + Saves - Drawbacks = 105[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Is there any space left in this game?

Not at the moment. Sorry. :(

Everyone: Mea culpa on the hold up. Last week, life kicked me in the head. The state of Texas changed certification requirements for teachers recently. Suddenly, I'm not only not qualified for my current position, but I've also been terminated from my current position in another week. Consequently, I've been running around, taking necessary steps to secure employment elsewhere, et cetera.

I'm going to try to get back into game mode this afternoon/evening.

jkason

First Post
Absolutely no worries. Real life (especially employment. yoinks! :eek:) takes precedence over pretend super-heroes any day of the week. Good luck!

jason

Remove ads