• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modder's Guide

Cwheeler

First Post
I'm relatively new to this community, having only joined since the release of fourth edition, and the openness, support and creative nature of the people here continually amazes me.

People here have taken this new edition, accepted its strengths and, rather than complaining incessantly about its weaknesses, have jumped on board with the true pioneering spirit of gaming, creating their own solutions and sharing them with one another.

For me, the one shame is that so many of these innovations are posted and, in the nature of forums, slip from public view.

Rather than letting these ideas remain hidden away, I would like to propose compiling many of them into a freely available '4e Modder's guide'. This guide would cover many different problems, solutions and options that arise from 4e, including things such as monster hit-points/speeding up the end of combat, playing without classes, playing with hexes, playing without a grid, and alternative skill challenge systems.

It would also be good to cover aspects that 'older' or 'more veteran' gamers find self-evident, such as modifying the alignment system and the cosmology of the game (I feel that it is important to give newcomers to this hobby access to the information and knowledge that we sometimes take for granted).

Advice can also be included on modifying your game, and how to handle creating and introducing new rules.

This compiled information would be released as a free PDF, written by the gaming community, for the gaming community.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Jeremy757

First Post
Let me introduce you to the ENWorld Wiki

What you want, is what it exists for. If you see someone post something in a thread you really like and would like to reference it sometime in the future try adding it to the wiki.

Remove ads