• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moderated chat with Mongoose on Wed. March 5th over

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Great questions!

You might want to check the thread in the publisher's forum to see if your question has been asked there before you post it here.

Bump!

Jontu Kontar

First Post
What are the "Limits" on using telepathic abilities? (Eg. # of uses each level, VP/WP) or are there any mechanical limits?

In general how is the P rating work as a game mechanic and how is it calculated?

Do the main book include info on telepath's for different races?

How many and which ships are going to be profiled in the core book?

I've noticed that the "Sneak Peak" had listed "Officer (split into pilot, fleet and ground forces)". How does this work? Does this mean that there are going to be a few path specific class features?

In the intial post about the B5 RPG it was said that even Sinclair could be taken out by a couple of PPG shots. Could you elaborate on that at all? aka. How is that possible?

I'm also kind of curious about the "types" of feats that you chose. (General, Racial, and Telepathic) Are you conisdering spliting those out into more specific areas or are they set? I liked the way that Spycraft split out the various types of feats. It seems to me that similiar things could be done here. Eg., adding Political, Piloting, Combat, ect. I was always kind of annoyed that D&D3 only did 2 types when more seemed appropriate.

What kind of purchasing mechanism are you going to use in this game? (eg., Purchase DC's, actual credits, or something else)

Edited to add some questions.

Last edited:

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Re: Bump

MongoosePaul said:
Just rebumping this given it's on for tonight.

Hmmm

asked morrus to post a news article, check
got channels prepared, check
e-mailed paul to check that everything was good, check

bump thread in general discussion... check

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
the interview lasted 2 hours, then we had some connection issues which caused most people to disconnect and be unable to reconnect to the server. :(

We'll be setting up another chat, details to be announced.

Jontu Kontar

First Post
For those that are interested I have created 2 version of the chat log from yesterday evening.

There is the RAW log in text form. It contains everything that came on the screen. Including everyone getting booted :(

The other one is an HTML document that contains just the questions posed and answers from Mongoose_Matt. The styling is similiar the way these forums are displayed.

Attachments

• b5_chat_log.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 121

Jontu Kontar

First Post
Also for those people that are interested I have compiled the information about the release schedule, price information, and type of books from the posts and chat together into a simple HTML table.

If there are any factual errors in the table please let me know.

Attachments

• b5-release_schedule.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 111

Remove ads