Modern/Delta Green - The Beginning of the End (COMPLETED)

talien

Community Supporter
Thanks! My criticism of the scenario was uh...not well received outside of ENWorld, so I'm glad to hear some folks are at least enjoying the story. The changes I made to Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays really sums up how our campaign diverges in tome from traditional Call of Cthulhu and even Delta Green. But then, that's what we get for playing Majestic-12 as the "good guys"!

talien

Community Supporter
Faint Transmissions: Part 1 – The Railroad Tracks

HOLLYWOOD, CA -- The railroad crossing was located in a once-prosperous neighborhood that was home to some light industry in its heyday. But times had changed, and the industry had moved away, leaving a struggling business district populated by Laundromats, dry cleaners, appliance repair shops, pawnshops, thrift stores, and corner markets.

A black AM General Hummer was driving towards the tracks. It had a business logo emblazoned on its sides that read “Organized Productions.”

“What are you doing?” shouted Guppy.

“We have to stop that hummer,” said Blade.

“How?” asked Guppy.

But he didn’t need to ask. Blade drove the van directly into the Hummer’s path.

The Hummer tried to veer around them, but Blade was moving too fast. The two vehicles locked bumpers.

Windows rolled down and two burly men with pointed pistols at them.

“WHAT is going on out there you morons?” said a shrill voice from the back of the Hummer. “Don’t you KNOW how to drive?”

“Stay down Mister Vanvon,” said one of the bodyguards.

Pistol fire ricocheted off the front of the van.

“Uh, now what?” asked Guppy.

“I didn’t have a plan beyond this,” admitted Blade.

Guppy looked out the window. “You may want to think up something fast.”

There was the unmistakable horn of an oncoming train.

Blade threw the van into reverse. The wheels squealed, but they couldn’t get any traction. Vanvon’s Hummer was pulling in reverse too.

“We’re going to get pulled into the train’s path!” shouted Guppy.

“I KNOW THAT,” said Blade through gritted teeth.

Guppy took out his laser pistol from the pocket of his pajamas. “Good thing I sleep with this thing under my pillow.” He rolled down the window, ducking as another bullet ricocheted off the van’s trim.

The train’s horn blared again, closer this time.

Taking careful aim, Guppy sliced a thin beam between the fenders of the two cars. They abruptly jerked free at the last minute as the train roared between them.

Guppy sagged, panting. “That was close!”

Blade turned the van around and took off as the train clack-clacked between the two vehicles. “What I want to know is why the emergency crossing lights didn’t go off.”

Guppy rubbed his forehead. “Why did we do this again?”

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Great story hour!

I played through the first and (I believe) part of the second of your scenarios. It was interesting to see your group's take on the modules.

By chance, do you have a Rogues Gallery for your characters?

talien

Community Supporter
I don't currently, but it's easy to post them. If there's enough of a demand I can certainly do that. Anyone else interested in seeing the character sheets?

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Hey talien,

Hope this doesn't sound too bizarre, but in one of my google searches I stumbled onto, of all things, your Amazon.com profile. In it, I saw that you lived in Stamford. I've lived in Fairfield Co. since I graduated from college, and after my college buddies dispersed I've had trouble finding people to play with (I've got a pretty recent post in the Gamers Seeking Gamers here). I recently moved to Stamford and since things have settled I'm looking to get back into gaming.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for places where I can find folks to play. I know about ConnCon and ICon, but I'm thinking more local comic shops, public places that are a little more intimate where I get the opportunity to actually talk to people.

I haven't done much consistent gaming since 2005, and I'm looking to get back into things. If you'd prefer, you can email me at goodkingjayiii (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks a lot for your help!

talien

Community Supporter
Howdy GKJ,

Too funny, I'm actually moving to Fairfield in the next few months!

I play with the guys I've been playing with for 20 years from Long Island. We trek an hour and a half once a month to and from CT to NY, and they from NY to CT, to game for about eight hours. It will be a bit before I'm moved in and I get my gaming-room set up in the basement, but we should definitely talk more by email.

Incidentally, while we're on the subject of I-CON, I'll be there. You can view my schedule at: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4143940#post4143940

If you get the chance, drop by and say hello!

talien

Community Supporter
Faint Transmisions - Conclusion

Guppy watched the news on his Cistron.

“Reports indicate that Derik Vanvon, a director famous for the cult classic, Disciples, was on his way to shoot his latest film, Curse of the Undead, when terrorists attacked. Fortunately, his bodyguards were able to fend off the attackers, who fled the scene. Some in Hollywood claim that Vanvon created the event for publicity purposes…”

“It’s always terrorists,” muttered Guppy. “They see a man with dark skin and its terrorists.”

“Curse of the Undead, starring Christine Dee and Allen Roberts, is a remake of the 1959 original vampire/western. Long in exile in Hollywood, this is Vanvon’s chance at getting back into the elite and the good graces of the Academy. Allen plays Dan Young, a preacher who knows how to wield a six-shooter. Christine stars as Dolores Carter, a rancher who succumbs to the vampire’s dangerous charms.”

Pictures of all the principle players flashed on the screen. “At nineteen years old, Christine Dee was a rising star. But a string of flops and a failed marriage led to a dry spell. Eleven years later, the success of this film may be the stepping-stone for Christine’s comeback…”

“Hey,” said Guppy. “Isn’t that your ex-wife?”

Blade was trying not to pay attention. “Yeah,” he brooded over the steering wheel. “How did you know?”

“It’s in your file,” said Guppy. “Just like that picture of Drake in the ridiculous fireman’s hat is now in his file.”

“Yeah, everything’s on file,” said Blade. He looked over at Guppy’s hand. “You know those alarms squirt indelible ink on your hand when you pull them.”

Guppy looked at his hand. “Mother trucker,” he muttered.

As they passed by the hotel, they could see Archive and Hammer in their underwear being interrogated by the police.

Blade and Guppy looked at each other.

“Let’s circle the block a few more times,” said Blade.

“Agreed!” said Guppy.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
All caught up today. I don't know how much fun it was to run or play, but the Body Snatcher arc was a blast to read.

talien said:
Too funny, I'm actually moving to Fairfield in the next few months!

Hurray! Lovely town. I went to Fairfield U. and I have a bunch of friends that live in Bridgeport, so I'm up there quite a bit. If you want to chat before you move or after you get settled, whatever works for you. You know where to reach me! :)

Oh, and unfortunately I won't be able to make ICon this year. I have studying to do, and it's a little too far for a one-day trip. So have fun!

talien

Community Supporter
Chapter 5: Dire Wavelengths - Introduction

This scenario, “Dire Wavelengths,” is from the free D20 Modern supplement at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/oa/20050503a by Rich Redman. You can read more about Delta Green at http://www.delta-green.com. Please note: This story hour contains spoilers!

Our cast of characters includes:

• Game Master: Michael Tresca
  • Hank “Guppy” Gupta (Smart Hero) played by Joseph Tresca
  • Jake “Blade” Iron Shirt (Strong Hero) played by Matt Hammer
  • Joseph “Archive” Fontaine (Dedicated Hero) played by Joe Lalumia
  • Kurtis "Hammer" Grange (Fast Hero) played by George Wbster
This next short scenario is a continuation of the weirdness in Faint Transmissions. It delves further into Christine Dee’s life and the film she’s working on. There’s plenty to do here in such a short scenario: the tension between Jake and his ex-wife, Alzis and his weird instructions, the psycho fan, and the weird circumstances that might just end up saving (or ending) the world.

Really, this is the kind of gift-wrapped scenarios GM’s love. Without that tension and history, the scenario is a little bland. But with a combination of emotional conflict, daring action, and an unusual plot where the agents can’t just fight their way out of it, this little gem turned into a full-fledged soap opera.

Although I’m not so sure Blade felt too good about the outcome.

Defining Moment: Nothing quite like being told you're going to die.

Relevant Media

Remove ads