• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modern Minis/Floorplans

Twowolves

Explorer
Does anyone here have a few good suggestions for modern maps/floorplans, minis and/or counters? I'm running a Zombie/PA game and using some Heroscape figs right now. I have Fiery Dragons Counter Collection III (not the updated Supers and Modern), and I have seen MegaMinis 25mm modern line, but I wanted some pointers and feedback from others before I started placing orders.

So how about it? What's in FD's Supers and Modern counter pack that isn't in CC:III? Where do you guys get modern minis like police, S.W.A.T. teams, soldiers, paramedics, zombies and civilians? I have some Heroclix I could scavenge for some of these, and the aforementioned Heroscape figs, and I know about WotC's Critical Locations, but other than these, what's out there?

Ayrk

First Post
Second Rat Games (see my sig) has People, Places, and Things: You are Here which is a book or download with 29 different locations. Each location is detailed with plenty of plot hooks and background information. Also, each location can be printed out in full battlemat scale.

Psion

Adventurer
Twowolves said:
Does anyone here have a few good suggestions for modern maps/floorplans, minis and/or counters? I'm running a Zombie/PA game and using some Heroscape figs right now. I have Fiery Dragons Counter Collection III (not the updated Supers and Modern), and I have seen MegaMinis 25mm modern line, but I wanted some pointers and feedback from others before I started placing orders.

So how about it? What's in FD's Supers and Modern counter pack that isn't in CC:III? Where do you guys get modern minis like police, S.W.A.T. teams, soldiers, paramedics, zombies and civilians

Of the top of my head, there is more new supers stuff and occult/20s stuff (from the occult investigators counter set.)

What I typically do is punch my FD counters out at glue them to washers. What I also do is take CCG cards (in my case, Spycraft CCG cards, all of which I got gratis) and find characters and punch them out. You might look and see what other modern TCGs exist out there that didn't sell well... or if you played them, that you have sitting around and aren't playing anymore... that might make good counters.

Klaus

First Post
Twowolves said:

So how about it? What's in FD's Supers and Modern counter pack that isn't in CC:III? Where do you guys get modern minis like police, S.W.A.T. teams, soldiers, paramedics, zombies and civilians? I have some Heroclix I could scavenge for some of these, and the aforementioned Heroscape figs, and I know about WotC's Critical Locations, but other than these, what's out there?
The pages are themed, so you get:

Emergency Response: Police Cruisers, Ambulance, Fire Truck, Police Officers, Police Detectives, Private Investigator, Medics and Firefighters.

Lifestyle of the Rich, Famous and Daring: Fairline Targa 30 (above and belowdecks), Lamborghini Diablo, Ducati 998, Harley-Davidson, Porsche convertible, Lifeboats, Crimelords, Personalities, Daredevils, Mechanics, Gang Members, Bodyguards and Diver.

Traffic News Update: Civilian Helicopter, Schoolbus, Freight Truck, Cars (typical, sedan and SUV) and Reporters.

Military Emergency: Apache Helicopter, Humvees and Soldiers.

Military Emergency: Abrahams Tanks, Soldiers, Military Battlesuit, Prototype Jetpack, Super-General, Nazi Commanders, Nazi Arcanists, Nazi Über-Robot, Villain Troops, Alien Invaders, Robot Aerial Units.

Streets of Crime: Armored Truck, Security Guards, Asian Tong Members, Thugs and Mobsters, Snakeblooded Crime Boss, Gunslingers, Costumed Vigilantes, Costumed Brawlers, Ninja, Infiltrators, Martial Artists, Hacker, Large Criminal Freaks.

New Generation: Superhero Jet Transport, Skysleds, The Mage, Spitfire, Patroller, Flex, Torc, Moondancer.

Nature vs. Science: Humanoid Animals, Animal-Themed Characters, Animal-Human Hybrids, Battlesuits, Alien and Biotech Armors, Scientists and Techies, Radioactive Villains, Robot and Cyborg Masterminds and Robot Troops.

Supernatural Heroes and Villains.

Superheroes, Supervillains and Superspies.

Supernatural Horrors and Pulp Heroes

Lovecraftian Things That Weren’t Meant To Be, Ghouls and Degenerate Savages (all from Counter Pack IV, some resized)

The Stars Are Right! Iä! Iä! (instead of a mere Star-Spawn, this one has a Colossal counter of Great Cthulhu himself!)

Twowolves

Explorer
Thanks for the replies guys. I definately think the new FD modern couter pack is better than the print one I already had (CCIII).

But what about minis? Old Glory has some modern minis, but not all of them have pics, and I'm loathe to buy any sight unseen. MegaMinis has a modern line, but... anyone else? I know Reaper is working on a line that will range from Old West to Modern to Sci-Fi, but that's some time in the future. What else is out there?

rgard

Adventurer
Twowolves said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I definately think the new FD modern couter pack is better than the print one I already had (CCIII).

But what about minis? Old Glory has some modern minis, but not all of them have pics, and I'm loathe to buy any sight unseen. MegaMinis has a modern line, but... anyone else? I know Reaper is working on a line that will range from Old West to Modern to Sci-Fi, but that's some time in the future. What else is out there?

Check out the other Heroscape figs. There are swat looking guys in the original starter set, charlies angels looking female figs in one of the more recent sets. They also have some cowboys, US Army figs too.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

Twowolves

Explorer
rgard said:
Check out the other Heroscape figs. There are swat looking guys in the original starter set, charlies angels looking female figs in one of the more recent sets. They also have some cowboys, US Army figs too.

Thanks,
Rich

I have all the Heroscape figs, except this latest release (wave 7, why do you mock me so??).

You'd figure that more companies would be making modern minis.

Ayrk

First Post
Reaper is coming out with a new line that includes modern, wild west, sci fi, and just about anything else that isn't fantasy. The look pretty darn good and you can check out some previews at Reaper's site.

rgard

Adventurer
Twowolves said:
I have all the Heroscape figs, except this latest release (wave 7, why do you mock me so??).

You'd figure that more companies would be making modern minis.

I thought maybe you did when you mentioned some of them in the first post. Here is another possibility:

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/

I like this guy's stuff.

The website says he charges 10% of the order to ship worldwide.

Thanks,
Rich

Remove ads