• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modern Pocket Handbook Reactions?

Coreyartus

Explorer
Just wanted to know if anyone else had picked up the Mongoose Modern Pocket Handbook, and if they'd had a chance to check it out.

It's pretty cheap, and seems to be a repackaging of the OGL rules, but I haven't been able to find any reviews on it. I wanted to know if it might be a good substitute for new players who wanna test the Modern waters without investing in the Core rulebooks...

Since I don't know how the SRD has changed, I was wondering if this little handbook now incorporated more than just the Core rulebook info...

:\

Coreyartus

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
While it includes the Mage, Acolyte, Battle Mind and Telepath FX AdCs, none (to the best of my knowlede) of the errata that made it into the first major Modern SRD update is included (such as the Ignore Hardness Talent Tree errata). There is no material from Urban Arcana or the Menace Manual either that was recently added to the Modern SRD (which was about a week or two before the Pocket book came out, so that makes sense). The Shadow Slayer and Occultist aren't included either.

If the initial errata had made it in I probably would have picked up a copy to supercede my d20 Modern core rulebook, but if somebody didn't own d20 Modern, I'd certainly recommend the Modern Pocket Handbook to them as a cheaper alternative - it is really nicely formatted and arranged.

Remove ads