• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modron Modron Mooooodroooon!

Siberys

Adventurer
Gosh, if only someone had (entirely coincidentally, without any advance knowledge of this) dropped a few oblique hints at something that could be 4E modrons in the flavor text of a recent "Powers" book...

So you're the one that came up with the 'plane of reason' counterpart to the Far Realm. I liked that idea, and I figured it was referring to Modrons. Though one doesn't usually think of Modrons as psionic...

So you're the one that came up with the 'plane of reason' counterpart to the Far Realm. I liked that idea, and I figured it was referring to Modrons. Though one doesn't usually think of Modrons as psionic...

Yep, that was me. And yeah, that's why I kept the reference subtle, and only included it in a sidebar about a "theoretical" plane that may not even exist. That way, if DMs (or other writers) like it, they can run with it. And if not, it doesn't "ruin" the modrons for anyone who wants to include them otherwise. :)

Nymrohd

First Post

If I remember well the original modrons of the hierarch caste, particularly the secundi but a few tiers below, were all powerful psions.

I just read that passage today, and thought "might be modrons" and read this thread and wanted to remember people of that passage.

Wasn't Kamikaze Midget a big Modron fan? HEY, KM, GET PSIONIC POWER!

darjr

I crit!
In the podcast Mearls refers to a later edition image of modrons on the march, anyone know which one? Where can I see it?

Also did they not mention that the monster they built in the seminar was supposed to show up in a DDI article? If so that is awesome.

edit: well duh... my second point was in the OP. I'd still like to find that image.

found it at http://jdillon82.deviantart.com/art/March-of-the-Modrons-51763324 I think. Also [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Great-Modron-March-AD-Planescape/dp/0786906480"]Amazon.com: The Great Modron March (AD&D/Planescape) (9780786906482): Monte Cook: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

Remove ads