• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modrons!

Scribble

First Post
This is the first article I've wanted to read in months. Of course it comes right after my subscription expired.

Simpsons-Nelson-haha.jpg

;) hehe

Aegeri

First Post
Finally a really good article and some excellent new mechanics. These will make an excellent contrast to the clockwork horrors in my Point of Light campaign.

Klaus

First Post
I liked what was there, but it seemed kind of incomplete. At the very least, some artwork of the additional types modrons would have been nice. Also, some detail about Mechanus and how it fits into the 4e cosmology.
If the Astral Sea is on the far side of the cosmology from the Elemental Chaos, Mechanus should be the dominion farthest from it.

This gives me another thought:

The cogs and gears of Mechanus slowly give way to the Astral Sea (almost as if they were the backstage of the universe), which then gives way to the natural world, which then gives way to the Elemental Chaos, which slowly goes down the drain that is the Abyss. So it's almost like a river flowing from ultimate stability to chaotic dissolution.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The cogs and gears of Mechanus slowly give way to the Astral Sea (almost as if they were the backstage of the universe), which then gives way to the natural world, which then gives way to the Elemental Chaos, which slowly goes down the drain that is the Abyss. So it's almost like a river flowing from ultimate stability to chaotic dissolution.

I prefer a Mobius strip....Astral to World to Chaos, through infinite Chaos to the World to the Astral to the World etc...

Stoat

Adventurer
If the Astral Sea is on the far side of the cosmology from the Elemental Chaos, Mechanus should be the dominion farthest from it.

This gives me another thought:

And the Elemental Chaos drains eternally into the Far Realm, which leaks back into reality through the "stars" in the Astral Plan.

A2Z

Explorer
I am OK with the modrons being separated into basically 4 different monster types. I would've liked some more variety, but I grok that Dungeon articles need to be short, and the way they made the distinction has value (into monodrone minions, duodrone and quadrone regulars, and heirarch elites) and leaves plenty of room to add more.
It's an online article, why does it 'have' to be short? There's no reason whatsoever it couldn't have been long enough to stat all the modrons.

This is a big problem with the magazines since they went online. Without having to worry about a print magazine they should be able to provide longer articles, instead they hype the hell out of something and then roll out a 4 page article that's 75% game stats. As much as I loved the modrons that's not worth my money.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I loved this article, and the workshop which gave birth to it. My campaign ideas wiki page has benefitted greatly from it.

Remove ads