• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MoFlow Initiative Tracker v2 Now on Google Play Store

Plissken

Explorer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=moflow.activities

About 3 years ago, I released an initiative tracker called MoFlow. After sometime it was released, I pretty much rewrote the whole app and added new features, such as a creature catalog that can load monsters for certain editions. The rewrite was finished about a year ago, but I finally uploaded to the Google Play Store.

MoFlow 2 now includes many creatures from 5e, as well as being able to quickly apply damage or healing during intiative, option to enable ability scores as well as saving throws. Check out all the details at the link above.

Also, it is free (as in free beer) and free as in freedom. Here is the link to the github page: https://github.com/aloh86/MoFlow

WitchyD

Explorer
Are the 5e creature assets you've included in your Github repo also free as in freedom? I'm no lawyer, but I'm concerned that you (and anybody forking it) might end up in hot water because of their inclusion. I know WOTC has been permissive with the usage of material from the "Basic" version, but I doubt they're so permissive as to allow it to be licensed as part of free software. Again, I am not a lawyer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hm, good point. I'll have to modify so that it only uses creatures from the basic rules. I wonder if its ok to use the stats for non D&D mythological creatures like the roc that aren't in the basic rules?

The items in the basic rules are free as in "you are welcome to play with these at home for free", not "you are welcome to freely distribute them yourself". You'll get C&D if you use that content without permission.

Plissken

Explorer
Alright, well I've updated the github and the app. It should take a few hours for the changes on the play store to appear. Being able to load the 5e monsters feature is now gone, but you can still add your own creatures to the creature catalog, and load them into initiative on the fly.

Thanks Morrus and Annandul for the lesson.

Ricochet

Explorer
Such a shame it has to be neutered. Maybe you can ask WotC to publish it with their permission? The "full" app will help their 5e gamer base tremendously!

I love that the app isn't probing my texts, pictures etc too. Rare to find these days.

Last edited:

ehenning

Explorer
Suggest you follow other developer and offer a way to import xml or similar files with the monsters. This allows users to load in bulk on their own.

Plissken

Explorer
Suggest you follow other developer and offer a way to import xml or similar files with the monsters. This allows users to load in bulk on their own.

I'll start working on that feature now, but it will probably be a CSV file instead of XML. If possible, can you specify "other developer" so I can see how they do it, and maybe improve on it? Thanks for the feedback.

ehenning

Explorer
I'll start working on that feature now, but it will probably be a CSV file instead of XML. If possible, can you specify "other developer" so I can see how they do it, and maybe improve on it? Thanks for the feedback.
'

The one I use is on iOS, Lion's Den Game Master 5.
It does more than Initiative Tracking, but uses an xml structure to allow importing of various information.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads