• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mongoose in 2004 - Long!

S'mon

Legend
Bagpuss said:
So I guess I'll have to wait until 2005 for ABC Warriors RPG?

IMO the Nemesis game ought to have a "Robots in Termight" chapter, or somesuch, which would cover ABC Warriors still in service as well as the robot planet Mekka, and maybe brief stats for the Time Tunnels' Mekaniks.

Ar Nimruzir

First Post
NEW LICENCE
Yes, there is another one I won't dwell on this, except to say it is based on an old but _very_ popular RPG licence and any guessing games will be resolved very soon. Moving on. . .

If this is what it sounds like, then I nor my fellowship will not be purchasing new rulesbooks for it. Supplemnents and Adventures, yes. New Rules - nope.

Ottergame

First Post
Ar Nimruzir said:
NEW LICENCE
Yes, there is another one I won't dwell on this, except to say it is based on an old but _very_ popular RPG licence and any guessing games will be resolved very soon. Moving on. . .

If this is what it sounds like, then I nor my fellowship will not be purchasing new rulesbooks for it. Supplemnents and Adventures, yes. New Rules - nope.

Sounds like this will be the what... the 4th different ruleset for Lord of the Rings?

vraad

First Post
Ya know, this is all great, but I've now learned that the Slayers Guides and the Encyclopedia Arcane series will both be cancelled. Those are the only two series I get on a regular basis from Mongoose at the moment and they're being cancelled!!! There's plenty of volumes that could be added to both series so it can't be that they're out of ideas. What is it really Matt?

Later

:cool:

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
BIIIIGGGG Questions on Starship Troopers:

1. Is this going off the book or the movie?

2. If the book (please god) then will you include elements from the movie and series.

3. If the movies/cartoon will you include elements from the book, such as the UTTER LACK OF FRIGGIN COMBAT SUITS IN THE SHOW!!

4. Please, please, please include something somewhere that says "Hi, I know you've seen the movie, but this is what you can do if you only read the book".

Overall I loved the movie, but read the book multiple times and there was more information on how the MI really was setup. The movie just makes it another band of brothers/Warhammer 40k getup where you got tons and tons of troops instead of highly trained, highly mobile, small forces.

Similar to Space Marines and the Arbites in Warhammer 40k..dear god did I stumble upon a conspiracy here?!?!?

Just please, please, please do not butcher this any further, I beg of you.

Arnwyn

First Post
Mongoose_Matt said:
ULTIMATE CAMPAIGN TRILOGY
Okay, so that is just a working title :) However, we are planning to release the campaign to end all campaigns towards the end of the year - three 256 page hardbacks will combine into one massive trilogy, charting the progress of a party of adventurers and their fight against an insidious evil beneath their feet. Combined, this campaign will take characters from 1st to 30th Epic level, on a rollercoaster ride of adventure, excitement and tragedy. Story telling in roleplaying will reach a new high point with these books.
Uh... you mean this is an adventure?! :eek:

I can't believe it. I can't wait to see what this is like.

(P.S. Make sure the maps are gridded!)

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Let's see if I can answer a few questions here. . .

Bagpuss: ABC Warriors will be joining Nemesis.

Teflon: Schism came about chiefly because I was not satisfied with what was currently around in this genre, so it may well be what you are looking for! The first book is scheduled for an August release.

Vraad: All goods things must come to an end :)

Leopold: There will be power suits, a government you recognise and plenty more!

Arnwyn: Yup, a 768 page adventure - I said a while ago I was looking for a way to make scenarios work :)

Shatterstone: The Classic Plays are proceeding apace with the Book of the Planes, the Book of Hell and, my personal favourite, the Book of Immortals (subtitled Beyond Epic).

Hope that all helps!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mongoose_Matt said:
Shatterstone: The Classic Plays are proceeding apace with the Book of the Planes, the Book of Hell and, my personal favourite, the Book of Immortals (subtitled Beyond Epic).

Sounds like an impressive lineup. I hope they do not come out in that order though as the Book of Immortals has me excited already. :D

Remove ads