• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Mongoose) Wraith Recon Announced for 4e

Asmor

First Post
Interesting, I look forward to seeing it. I'm always a big fan of fantasy settings that don't try to be another Tolkein ripoff.

radferth

First Post
I have not had much interest in 4e, but I could see running it with a setting like this. IMHO, 4e screams for a magic-as-technology setting with lots of battles involving small group tactics. This seems that to a tee.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Sounds cool. Is this the final cover? I just don't understand why the compatibility logo is on the front cover. It detracts from a nice cover piece.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Sounds cool. Is this the final cover? I just don't understand why the compatibility logo is on the front cover. It detracts from a nice cover piece.
That's probably only on the promo art. By the GSL, that logo has to be on the back, but it can be prominently featured in any advertisement.

Gavinfoxx

Explorer
Wow... that setting sounds like a hoot. I hope the book doesn't take itself too seriously! If I can take a humorous look at "if Tom Clancy Wrote D&D Modules" with just this book, I think it would fit... over the top characters, parodies of various governments and their actions, a critically humorous look at certain military and pseudomilitary operations... rip off spy novels and spy movies too.. That sounds like this would be a blast to run for a few sessions to pick up when everyone is burned out on big epic fantasy campaigns!

LeaderDesslok

First Post
I am not a fan of the 4E rules, seems far too video-gamey to me. However, if that is the case, this setting sounds like SoCom meets D&D with a bullet. Maybe I will reconsider 4E after all. :)

I for one am going to give it a try. Mongoose has been great with choices for product lines lately (especially the new Traveler); I gotta believe this is another hit.

unan oranis

First Post
cool

sounds like it has potential...

And by october eh?

I'd like it to be a good resource for my players and have interesting tactical twists for the dm to use.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads