• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk Minature Box Set (Q for MArtists)

Drakmar

Explorer
Hi.

Well.. I am not a sculptor for any company. I do them for myself. Basically I am thinking that I will do box set of minatures. If I manage to get them done, I will look to casting them.

Specifically the minatures will be of Monks/Martial Artists. But I would like some suggestions.. and if people have them pictures of a MA in a cool pose.

So far I have one completed minature.

(Minature Completed) - Human Monk in a White Crane Pose(almost - the hands are wrong - they are in a White Eyebrow fist instead of a Crane Fist - and I am not happy with the hair..)

ideas for minatures that I have come up with.

Converting the White Crane dude into an Elf. (modify the ears.. the face a little, and the hair)

Dwarven Monk - Hung Gar style - in a Tiger Pose.

Half-Orc Monk - in a Kick-boxing stance.

Halfling Monk - Monkey Stance. (this one will be really hard)

Elf in a Chang Chuan pose.

basically I see Elves as more likely to do a Northern Kung Fu style.

most of these guys will be various Kung Fu's.

I will put up a picture of the White Crane dude as soon as I can lay my hands a digicam that can focus on minatures.

I will probably also do some with weapons.. like a Kwan Do, Butterfly Knives, Chinese Broadsword, and Tai Chi Staight Sword.

Also, Unlike every other minature out there I see of MA/Monks they won't be in armour. maybe a kidney belt, or bracers.. but that's it.

I would love to here your suggestions.

kengar

First Post
I'm more familiar with Japanese styles than Chinese, so maybe some of these ideas are listed under different names above.

A figure in Neko Dashi (Cat Stance)
Horse stance
Tonfa-wielding
Sai-wielding (a la Elektra)

Drakmar

Explorer
I am familiar with Japanese styles as well. But.. if you have a idea for a figure, please try and marry it up with a race that you would think would suit the martial art.

for example, personally I could see Aikido married up with Elves. (due to the circular nature of the art, it makes sense to me)

If you know of or can find a good picture of a martial artist in traditional dress preferably that would help me no end.

here are some pics of the of the poses I am thinking I will try a do a minature in.

Attachments

• chris.jpg
    chris.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 175

Drakmar

Explorer
another Hung Gar.. I got these pics from the Canadian Hung Kuen web page.

Attachments

• kaila-sword.jpg
    kaila-sword.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 175

Drakmar

Explorer
and here is a couple of really tiny pics from the cover of a book I own. I have already done one mini in the White Crane pose.. but in the full chinese suit with an unbraided toe (sp?)

Attachments

• 9654.jpg
    9654.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 190

Jshock_75

First Post
Why not include a blister of M. A. weapons for conversions, so that the buyer can choose whether their monks are armed or not?

Why no gnome? I could picture a gnome in peasant's garb (straw hat, tunic, etc), but I can't think of a good style for gnomes off the top of my head...

Darius101

First Post
http://www.genbukan.org/Amatsu_Tatara_Martial_Art_and_/amatsu_tatara_martial_art_and_.html

Gallery of Martial arts Judo championchips
kg00hoki.html
http://koryu.com/photos/kb01uchida.html
http://koryu.com/photos/kb01muso2.html
Sword and Jo

This is at least a start ...If I can find more I will post them what specific things are you looking for ? Dynamic poses are what I am looking for and Stances from Kata. A good Source or thing to look for in a search is Koryu (japenese older styles) as they tend to show more pictures than others.
Enjoy,
Darius

Attachments

• kg00tendo.jpg
    kg00tendo.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 166

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads